an2lin

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just got the yellow wrench light pop up! At around 7,000 miles with 15% oil life left, should I change my oil at a dealership of go to a mechanics shop to get it done? Any differences or experiences with either or? Is price differences major? Thanks a bunch y’all
Sponsored

Neoxon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag
Just got the yellow wrench light pop up! At around 7,000 miles with 15% oil life left, should I change my oil at a dealership of go to a mechanics shop to get it done? Any differences or experiences with either or? Is price differences major? Thanks a bunch y’all
You should learn how to do it yourself, doesn’t take long and you buy a good brand of oil like Amsoil and not be at the mercy of the shop.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
You should learn how to do it yourself, doesn’t take long and you buy a good brand of oil like Amsoil and not be at the mercy of the shop.
Maybe he don't have the space to do it? Don't want to buy jack stands? Messy oil clean up?

I will pick dealership over local shop. They are more crooked than dealer.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
A local shop charged only $15 for the oil change when I bring my own oil and filter. :thumbsup:

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
A local shop charged only $15 for the oil change when I bring my own oil and filter. :thumbsup:
My dealer charges me $27 when I bring my own oil/filter, including a tire rotation and multipoint inspection, yes, he torques everything to spec, including the lugs to 80 ft/lbs. Same dealer for 35 years, never been disappointed.
Sponsored