AGomezzz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the SiriMoto flex fuel about a week ago. Pretty straight forward install. Only problem is I got a code from the Hondata mobile app. I had to remove the battery to able to get through the firewall and get cables through. All my lights came up including check engine light. I flashed the ECU and they all went away but 5 mins into driving they all come back up . I notice the car isnt running right. Here's the code I got. Any help?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 HB Sport Code after SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit install 20181212_191626
Sponsored

boibuddha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I installed the SiriMoto flex fuel about a week ago. Pretty straight forward install. Only problem is I got a code from the Hondata mobile app. I had to remove the battery to able to get through the firewall and get cables through. All my lights came up including check engine light. I flashed the ECU and they all went away but 5 mins into driving they all come back up . I notice the car isnt running right. Here's the code I got. Any help?

20181212_191626.jpg
Did you put E85 in your tank without a tune? If that's the case, you ran your car lean and may have done damage to the car.

You have two options, load up an ethanol tune or drain your tank immediately.

OP
OP

AGomezzz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No I installed the kit, tuned it to the flex fuel tune then filled up half tank with e85.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Are you sure flex fuel is enable and installed correctly? Have you verify that the flashpro can get an ethanol reading?

OP
OP

AGomezzz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are you sure flex fuel is enable and installed correctly? Have you verify that the flashpro can get an ethanol reading?
What do you mean enabled? The flashpro does get a reading just like the ethanol gauge it came with. I uploaded the tune again and was running fine and no lights . Got off work and when I turned it back on the lights came back up again .

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
What do you mean enabled? The flashpro does get a reading just like the ethanol gauge it came with. I uploaded the tune again and was running fine and no lights . Got off work and when I turned it back on the lights came back up again .
do you have a datalog? if so post it with the calibration you using

OP
OP

AGomezzz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you have a datalog? if so post it with the calibration you using
Took it to the dealer. Guess a pin on the ECU was damaged. Most likely damaged it when installing the kit. Gonna get it replaced and then try to reinstall being more careful. Thanks for the help. @dc2turbo
Sponsored