2018 CTR 1800 miles question regarding ting ting noise up front??

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I am pretty sure this is it, what is funny the dealers at the service center were not aware of this so i might call them tomorrow to let them know.. Either way i highly doubt anything is loose , i do not daily drive the car so the squeal has been loud a few times. I noticed you are in colorado so yeah the roads probably are not the best for rocks being loose on the ground around here with the pot holes.
I had that problem with my wifes Rav4. Took it into the dealer but they thought rear license plate holder loose. Drove home and 5 minutes later, noise came back. Took it back in almost 2 months later and this time they where able to locate the rock/problem. I even explain to the service guy who noted the issue the first time I made my appointment, "I think theres a rock/gravel stuck in between the rotor/metal break shield".
Sponsored

uhhhson

First Name
jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TACOMA, 2015 EVO X, 2018 CIVIC TYPE R
Country flag
Sounds like my issue, the only time I heard the noise was reversing into parking spots and when I would turn the wheel hard.
And here is a different photo for the person who asked
i saw the picture of the rock in between the rotor and shield stuck,, that has to be it .. Thanks feel alot better lol
i do not think it is a major concern right now but geez it sounds scary to hear on a new car. I had a person looking at me funny just going into reverse cutting the wheel it happen. Then it goes away. you should have see the look on this guys face. Sometime in Feb i will be putting on winters and will find that stubborn rock . I am pretty sure it is on the front left
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 CTR 1800 miles question regarding ting ting noise up front?? 05051FA2-B74B-4E5C-AA44-0CEAAE559F0C

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Sounds like my issue, the only time I heard the noise was reversing into parking spots and when I would turn the wheel hard.
And here is a different photo for the person who asked

05051FA2-B74B-4E5C-AA44-0CEAAE559F0C.jpeg
Are those marks from the road?

uhhhson

First Name
jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, it’s both the front wheels, the noise my car was making went away when I put on my winter set which have a lower offset. I was hoping to further inspect what it was hitting this weekend.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, it’s both the front wheels, the noise my car was making went away when I put on my winter set which have a lower offset. I was hoping to further inspect what it was hitting this weekend.
Very interesting. Just looking at it is weird since the marks don't follow the rotation of the wheel.

uhhhson

First Name
jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s weird that from the factory it’s contacting something. I would notice noises when reversing into a parking stall at work with the wheel cranked. Sounds like something flicking the brake dust shield.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
It’s weird that from the factory it’s contacting something. I would notice noises when reversing into a parking stall at work with the wheel cranked. Sounds like something flicking the brake dust shield.
yeah i am sure it is a rock i guess

scoobysnack

First Name
no
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2008 Volvo C30, 2009 Infiniti G37
Country flag
Lol, sorry but there’s gotta be a better way of describing this sound other than “ting ting”.

A hammer lightly hitting a bell? Or is that too “ding ding”?

Hail falling upon the metal roof of a chicken shed? That kind of “ting ting”? This is a forum where we mostly use words so descriptive language really helps.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Lol, sorry but there’s gotta be a better way of describing this sound other than “ting ting”.

A hammer lightly hitting a bell? Or is that too “ding ding”?

Hail falling upon the metal roof of a chicken shed? That kind of “ting ting”? This is a forum where we mostly use words so descriptive language really helps.
It is definitely ting ting due to the nature of the thin metal of the brake shield.

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I was hearing some weird noise coming from the front end of my car and when I went to put on my snow tires I noticed this

376ABFCC-5342-45B2-8183-EA5C4401D2D7.jpeg
Wait, is this stock rim/tires? If your running aftermarket setup then I guess but don't tell me this is oem wheel+tires?!?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wait, is this stock rim/tires? If your running aftermarket setup then I guess but don't tell me this is oem wheel+tires?!?
That is an OEM wheel

uhhhson

First Name
jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My car is completely stock, that’s oem wheel and tire. And no I don’t go through the wash, I hand wash my car at home. Plus it was only my front two wheels.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
My car is completely stock, that’s oem wheel and tire. And no I don’t go through the wash, I hand wash my car at home. Plus it was only my front two wheels.
So both wheels look like this? If yes, then have they been rotated left to right, or are both sides creating the identical marks?
Sponsored