2018 Coupe EX-T w/ Honda Sensing, spare tire making a loud scratching sound, RDM/CMBS/LKAS problem.

kenny4351

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, my front passenger tire blew after I ran over a pothole this morning. I was able to replace the popped tire with the spare but when driving it sounds like its now scratching something. Its not a high pitch scratch but a low pitch.

Also my display says "RDM Problem", "CMBS Problem", "LKAS Problem" and there's a yellow exclamation mark (brakes issue?) at the bottom right. Could the spare tire have somehow messed up the radar system?

Did I install my flat tire incorrectly? Why am I getting all these errors on my display? The pothole was on the passenger side, so the radar system on the driver side was not hit by anything.

Please help!
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, my front passenger tire blew after I ran over a pothole this morning. I was able to replace the popped tire with the spare but when driving it sounds like its now scratching something. Its not a high pitch scratch but a low pitch.

Also my display says "RDM Problem", "CMBS Problem", "LKAS Problem" and there's a yellow exclamation mark (brakes issue?) at the bottom right. Could the spare tire have somehow messed up the radar system?

Did I install my flat tire incorrectly? Why am I getting all these errors on my display? The pothole was on the passenger side, so the radar system on the driver side was not hit by anything.

Please help!
The yellow exclamation mark is for the tpms, its displaying because you have the spare tire on. Not sure about the other stuff.

OP
OP
kenny4351

kenny4351

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The yellow exclamation mark is for the tpms, its displaying because you have the spare tire on. Not sure about the other stuff.
Thanks that's good to know.

By the way, what size spare tires do you have? I have 17" OEMs but my spare is only 16", is that correct? Wondering if the size difference did something. Once I got home I swapped the spare tire with my rear passenger tire.
I was still hearing the sound so I'm assuming there's something wrong with the spare.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks that's good to know.

By the way, what size spare tires do you have? I have 17" OEMs but my spare is only 16", is that correct? Wondering if the size difference did something. Once I got home I swapped the spare tire with my rear passenger tire.
I was still hearing the sound so I'm assuming there's something wrong with the spare.
I'm not sure, its just one of those doughnut type spares, but it is smaller than my regular tires which are 17 s.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
I just bought Honda civic 2019 sedan sport and about 2 days ago my honda sensing features like lane,collison, cruise, all popped up as problems on my dash and was wondering is there any way i can fix this?

Catrina0527

First Name
Cathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic touring
Country flag
I just bought Honda civic 2019 sedan sport and about 2 days ago my honda sensing features like lane,collison, cruise, all popped up as problems on my dash and was wondering is there any way i can fix this?
My 2018 civic Touring has now done this 4 times as I was traveling g on interstate

Dealer said I damaged it because he’d seen a scuff (it’s been there over a year and two of the previous visits) near the sensor.

not to mention the three collision avoidance level 3 alarms with no other cars around.

Its starting to feel like a game of wills with the dealer. They’ve told me they’ve never had this happen before.

I just want it fixed but I’m worried I’m going to go broke constantly fixing it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Coupe EX-T w/ Honda Sensing, spare tire making a loud scratching sound, RDM/CMBS/LKAS problem. CB7D9A5D-BCDB-43EA-8339-A2E440FDA942

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Coupe EX-T w/ Honda Sensing, spare tire making a loud scratching sound, RDM/CMBS/LKAS problem. C515D70F-A529-4700-8652-A19E8CAD36C0

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Coupe EX-T w/ Honda Sensing, spare tire making a loud scratching sound, RDM/CMBS/LKAS problem. AC248B66-18FD-4C39-B18D-043A4B2E0AA4

xsmiley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic - Touring
Country flag
Hey
Did you ever get this resolved? I’m facing this exact issue now :(
Sponsored