2018 Civic Type R "anyone root the radio yet, what is the new password"?

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
It would seem i cannot root my radio , maybe because it is a 2018 with a different firmware or password to enter developer mode. Any idea?

Whats the word?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I used this method on my 2018 Type R.

I believe all Navi models have the browser enabled on 2018. Therefore, skip the first step in the video.

Follow all his steps until you get to the reboot step. My HU kept rebooting and never went back to the original menu and interface. I turned off the car and disconnected / reconnected the battery. HU started up normal with Honda Hack and Honda installer.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Civic Type R "anyone root the radio yet, what is the new password"? 20180521_190227

rockymtntypeR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I used this method on my 2018 Type R.

I believe all Navi models have the browser enabled on 2018. Therefore, skip the first step in the video.

Follow all his steps until you get to the reboot step. My HU kept rebooting and never went back to the original menu and interface. I turned off the car and disconnected / reconnected the battery. HU started up normal with Honda Hack and Honda installer.

20180521_190227.jpg
Just to confirm you do have to buy the standard or Pro to be able to do this correct?

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
NO THANKS!
No one should have to purchase this, i will wait thanks but no thanks
Sure thing buddy. While you wait for someone to figure it out and give it to you, I paid the person that already figured it out so I can enjoy all these new apps.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Sure thing buddy. While you wait for someone to figure it out and give it to you, I paid the person that already figured it out so I can enjoy all these new apps.
That person who made the software is probably reading your emails while your phone is connected . I will wait for the true developer password to be unlocked.

but you go on with yourself !

|-Goku-|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed3
Country flag
Where can you purchase the auth key? I'd like to do this on mine.