Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
So my warranty on my Civic SI will be up based on mileage in probably another 3 months or so when i get to 36k miles. At least the bumper to bumper will be up at that time. Just wondering i was thinking of taking it to the dealer to get checked out but not sure what to have them check over before warranty expires? I have noticed some bumper/fender line up issues that i want them to address, what else have you had dealer check out? The clutch on this car still seems crazy high release to me, to the point where im almost worried it could be slipping although bogging it doesn't cause rpms to go up so i don't believe it is slipping. Just looking for some recommendations/thoughts..... thanks in advance....
Sponsored

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Do a walk through on your car. Likely the Stealership wont work or warranty jack shit. Inless you can prove its defective or broken.

My moonroof button no longer functions on my 2018 Si. I still wont take it into the Stealership in fear of the incompetent monkeys that handle our cars. And i have a 100k Bumper to bumper.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Do a walk through on your car. Likely the Stealership wont work or warranty jack shit. Inless you can prove its defective or broken.

My moonroof button no longer functions on my 2018 Si. I still wont take it into the Stealership in fear of the incompetent monkeys that handle our cars. And i have a 100k Bumper to bumper.
why would you buy the extended warranty if you refuse to let the dealership work on your car?

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
why would you buy the extended warranty if you refuse to let the dealership work on your car?
Thankfully i didnt buy the extended warranty. Was a incentive they threw at me to buy right then and there.

But, ill go to stealership once i have a 2nd issues(which im sure these cars get all the time). The warranty for me is Mechanical piece of mind. Transmission, engine, body, even electrical. Its winter so a moonroof for me is pointless right now.

And id have to remove my Ktuner, PRL CAI, and LED interior lights. So ill do that once i get another issue. Or summer next year ill do a stealership visit.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
Thankfully i didnt buy the extended warranty. Was a incentive they threw at me to buy right then and there.
nice.

OP
OP
Dimitron84

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag

But, ill go to stealership once i have a 2nd issues(which im sure these cars get all the time). The warranty for me is Mechanical piece of mind. Transmission, engine, body, even electrical. Its winter so a moonroof for me is pointless right now.

And id have to remove my Ktuner, PRL CAI, and LED interior lights. So ill do that once i get another issue. Or summer next year ill do a stealership visit.
Is it truly necessary to remove all that? Isn’t it up to the dealership to prove that any of these modifications caused an issue? Because under law aftermarket accessories do not void warranty correct?

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Is it truly necessary to remove all that? Isn’t it up to the dealership to prove that any of these modifications caused an issue? Because under law aftermarket accessories do not void warranty correct?
Yes and No....

Yes they have to prove it was the cause to have a voided warranty. But No, they have already voided warranty on the forum multiple times due to minor things. A recent thread i read, the guy claimed the dealership voided his warranty because he used Interior Led lights that were aftermarket. I believe it was for a dead battery and customer had to pay out of pocket.

With 1 strike of the pen they can void your warranty for anything. And unfortunately i dont have a good enough lawyer to fight 1 of the worlds largest Auto manufactures.

But 110% guarantee you one thing... a CAI or a Ktuner voids the warranty EVERY time. Atleast according to these forums.
Sponsored