Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I've had mine for about a year and a half now and have had no issues. Every once in a while it will make this weird sound that sounds like a horse neighing (NO LIE) but when I took it to the dealer, they said they got no codes and saw nothing wrong with the engine components and such. The car drives absolutely fine. I have been in two accidents since I got it (I was parked, someone backed into me and for the second I was at a stop light and got rear ended) and got all the parts replaces OEM so he looks good as new. I love my hatchsport.
Do you thibk this sound could be the Turbo sound blow off whistle the air. I heard mine after 8000 miles
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1-year + 3-months for me, and no issues so far.
Just hit the 10,000 Km (~6,200 miles) mark at the beginning of July.
I see these A/C related issues, but mine hasn't decided to pop-up yet (knock on wood) -- that said, oil dilution recall was done in February of this year.

With my ECU Tune, and using a more aggressive turbo spoil and throttle response, I do hear the spoil up ... even on stock intake.
Of course given lesser traffic noise condition, windows cracked open, and holding 3000+ RPM.
I know my front passengers, and even people on the sidewall / bus stop (sometimes) do notice it when I drive by.

Considering a PRL intake...exhaust might be something else in the future.
:hmm:

2tango2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX- Lunar Silver
Country flag
32K on mine since last August. Not a whole of things to complain about. I like the mpg (100 miles per day r/t commute). Seats could be a little more comfortable and the road noise in the car is pretty pronounced compared to other cars I've owned . I'm about to by new tires as the stock Conti's have cupped and are really spooling up the already louder cabin noise

I came from a Dodge Charger so as I said, love the mpg but miss the Charger ride comfort lol

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you thibk this sound could be the Turbo sound blow off whistle the air. I heard mine after 8000 miles
No, I don't believe so. The dealer would have said so. Also, really weird, it's more prominent in the summer, I don't hear it in the colder weather which is weird.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, I don't believe so. The dealer would have said so. Also, really weird, it's more prominent in the summer, I don't hear it in the colder weather which is weird.
True I notice in the Cold Weather, like for example at night when it get Cold i dont hear it , But like right Now its getting hotter in california and the wind is Hot i hear the Turbo more Prominent

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No complaints really. Bought mine new 8 months ago and already have 22k miles on it. Only thing I dislike is the sloppiness in the shift assembly. I had some Acuity shift upgrades and sold them and am back to stock and it blows after having those parts. But overall no actually issues in general with the car
Why did you sell the Acuity bits?

aegeanbluecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic SGP Hatchback Sport
Country flag
No complaints really. Bought mine new 8 months ago and already have 22k miles on it. Only thing I dislike is the sloppiness in the shift assembly. I had some Acuity shift upgrades and sold them and am back to stock and it blows after having those parts. But overall no actually issues in general with the car
That's alot of miles! I'm 7 months in and at 3.5k. Do you have a long commute? Luckily for me round trip is 18 miles for work.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
That's alot of miles! I'm 7 months in and at 3.5k. Do you have a long commute? Luckily for me round trip is 18 miles for work.
150+ miles a day for commute :oops: . Got a job interview 5 miles away from my house next week! Fingers crossed they pay good for a certified Tig Welder lol

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Great car so far. Only issue is the weak shell of the car. Any bump on it causes dents in the doors and anywhere else. I feel like this car is a dent magnet, but obviously people are just freaking rude. I'm going on my 3rd fix coming up when I can get to my dent guy. Oh, the paint chips easily as well.
I notice that. I taught it was happening only to me. My hatch get rock chips so well it seems like it has cheal paint on just a thin layer of paint i dont even tail.gate the cars no matter how careful i am, ill get a chip

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i dislike the cvt sometimes....im getting a manual in couple years for sure

Cardinal

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I’ve had my Sport Touring for a year now. Only real complaint is the low passenger seat. Oh, and the low profile tires. This is the first Honda I’ve had with 18” inch rims. The rims is slightly beyond the edge of the tires and between my wife and I, EVERY rim has been chipped and scuffed. Now that we’ve become used to them, I’ll probably replace them all when I get new tires. (Ouch!). I also really wanted the white orchid pearl but there wasn’t one anywhere nearby so I opted for the black. BIG mistake. Totally enjoy traveling in this car. Overall, my favorite Honda of the four I’ve owned.

JG5895

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Yes but only if there are trees/brush or anything close to the road as I go by. If you want to hear it better/louder get a prl stage 1 intake or one of their better intake systems. You will hear it even more better
The PRL Stage 1 helps make it louder even though the filter is still in the box?? I’ve been trying to find video of this for months but I only see videos of the stage 2. Do you have the stage 1?

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I've had mine since November, just shy of 4k miles. I haven't had any issues really. I did notice while hand washing it that it's easy to get the hood to flex, so I'm careful about that.
Sponsored