2018 Civic EX Best Price

Mikebigdata

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Dealer here in Florida is quoting 19350 for Ex and 20300 for ex w/sensing.

OTD , they said it will be around 23000 for ex w/sensing.. i was on the market to buy a 2018 model considering 2019 is here and would be able to score good deal on 2018..

Is this a good price.. please suggest what would be best price point for 2018 EX and/or EX w/sensing
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I walked out for around 19 dead for my '18 EX without sensing so a $4000 markup over that even if it has sensing is a lot, you can defenitely do better than $23K.

OP
OP

Mikebigdata

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I have been sending emails to dealers around , requesting for an OTD price of 20500 for EX. Is that something which may work or shall I up my budget a bit more; still confused on what would be an optimal price..

OP
OP

Mikebigdata

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
phoenixnsx: i have couple of delears quoted below 21k for ex w/sensing. So what you were quoted is atleast 500 more than what I was getting.. considering its almost of end of year & car is practically 1 yr old and 2019 model is coming with many changes such as standard sensing,styling changes, even new engine (i think 2019 comes with 1.5 turbo engine); i am thinking 2018 model is worth it only if we can score a great deal.

Not sure what's an optimal target price.. :(

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Depends on how long you intend to keep your car. I change about 4 years. So for me unless I am getting a huge break for 2018, I would just wait for 2019. As for price, someone posted 19k OTD for EX. Check the place of purchase. Florida has higher sales tax ( about 8%) than lot of states. So your OTD might be higher.

Having said all that, your EX price is pretty decent based on prices I have seen on this forum. Not sure why sensing has that huge markup. If you wait for 2019, sensing is standard. There will always be people who might have paid less and there will be people who would have paid more. Lot of deals are local and opportunistic. Use the quotes to get an idea of how low you can go.

phoenixnsx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX w/Sensing | NSX
phoenixnsx: i have couple of delears quoted below 21k for ex w/sensing. So what you were quoted is atleast 500 more than what I was getting.. considering its almost of end of year & car is practically 1 yr old and 2019 model is coming with many changes such as standard sensing,styling changes, even new engine (i think 2019 comes with 1.5 turbo engine); i am thinking 2018 model is worth it only if we can score a great deal.

Not sure what's an optimal target price.. :(
Personally I hate the restyled lower front bumper on the 2019s, and I was very particular about the color combo I wanted (I plan to drive it until the wheels fall off), so I jumped on my car when I found it. If you're not super picky about the specs for your vehicle, I suppose you can try playing hardball with your local dealers to see who will give you the best deal. What does TrueCar say about the average price for a 2018 EX w/Sensing in your area?

BTW, the 2019 EX is essentially the same as a 2018 EX-T. I wanted the NA engine instead of the turbo, so that's another reason I went with a 2018 EX, as the new Sport trim for 2019 lacks certain features I wanted (such as the moonroof and LaneWatch camera).

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mikebigdata

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Thank you, hoping to wait for few weeks to see if any dealer can get me a deal.

mitch96

First Name
mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Coupe
Country flag
I have been sending emails to dealers around , requesting for an OTD price of 20500 for EX. Is that something which may work or shall I up my budget a bit more; still confused on what would be an optimal price..
Hi, Curious... Does that "send emails to dealers" work? I would think they just want you to come in and scam you..
mitch

mitch96

First Name
mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Coupe
Country flag
So how do you know if you are sending the emails to the right person? I'm assuming you want it to go to the internet sales manager? How do you find their email address..
mitch

OP
OP

Mikebigdata

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So how do you know if you are sending the emails to the right person? I'm assuming you want it to go to the internet sales manager? How do you find their email address..
mitch
From their website, just inquire.. it depends who connects with you. When it comes to car sales, i don't think there is a right person. It all depends on their inventory and need to sell.

OP
OP

Mikebigdata

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I am finally at 21K OTD for 2018 EX with sensing which would put the car price around 18500 i think, (Florida state tax is 6 percent. FL all dealers have repeat charge around 500 +destination charge of 700+dealer installed accessories like all weather mat,wheel lock ,nitrogen in tire etc ).. i didn't buy it, is that a good price..

mitch96

First Name
mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Coupe
Country flag
From their website, just inquire.. it depends who connects with you. When it comes to car sales, i don't think there is a right person. It all depends on their inventory and need to sell.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.. I'm gonna try the end of month/end of year/hit a bunch of dealers and ask for the best OTD price.. I'm flexible with colors just so long it's an EX.. I've always liked a sunroof.. Easy way to dump hot Florida air in the summer...
mitch
Sponsored