2018 Civic begin arriving on dealerships on OCT 3rd

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag
I bought my 18 on Sept 12th. Not sure what this is all about? ... Also its the same at the 17' FYI.
Sponsored

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
I just called like 30 dealerships in new jersey and nobody has heard anything about October 3rd.
They haven't received any brochures, promo, or marketing emails either.
Go look at old threads on when the Si was "released". Honda is a complete mess with "releases" and availability. :rolleyes1:

Honda's marketing team clearly spends no time outside of their own building. Constant miscommunication about technical information and production availability.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
Anyone work for Honda and can verify? I mean there should be something in the transport logs. I am so ready to pull the trigger, but I'll take the 2018
I bought my 18 on Sept 12th. Not sure what this is all about? ... Also its the same at the 17' FYI.
Not quite.
It states that there is a +5 gain from something. You think they just used the most recent map from the 2017 model & saw a gain then advertised it officially? Also there is a $200 price hike that brings up the actual MSRP price vs the MSRP price of 2 months ago. CNET and The Drive both reported the articles this morning. And more are popping up.

The same for the most part. But you never know what kinda mechanical revision they may have sneaked in there from complaints.

Also since this thread was posted in this section of the forum, I am actually referring to the Si. Didn't want to make a dupe thread if it is searchable already here.

Last edited:

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag
Anyone work for Honda and can verify? I mean there should be something in the transport logs. I am so ready to pull the trigger, but I'll take the 2018

Not quite.
It states that there is a +5 gain from something. You think they just used the most recent map from the 2017 model & saw a gain then advertised it officially? Also there is a $200 price hike that brings up the actual MSRP price vs the MSRP price of 2 months ago. CNET and The Drive both reported the articles this morning. And more are popping up.

The same for the most part. But you never know what kinda mechanical revision they may have sneaked in there from complaints.

Also since this thread was posted in this section of the forum, I am actually referring to the Si. Didn't want to make a dupe thread if it is searchable already here.
All I can say is I have the 2018 Hatch and the dealer tag in the window are the same specs that all of the 17 hatchback sport folks already have. I also went on to CNET and they just posted this article 3 hrs ago... https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2018-honda-civic-will-not-mess-with-success/ if you don't feel like reading it the opening line is---The 10th-generation Honda Civic is proving a sales success, coming very close to unseating the Toyota Camry as America's best-selling passenger car. Since that's a huge feather in Honda's cap, it's leaving the Civic sedan and coupe unchanged for the 2018 model year.

jian9007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Well, since I just picked up my 2017 Civic Si Coupe a few weeks ago, this doesn't concern me. Just a 2017 vs 2018 number difference. And my build date is likely only a month or so earlier than the new ones coming out. All I know is, I'm loving my 2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe so far. There were already some 2018 Civic hatches at my dealership when I picked up my car too, so they've obviously been arriving before Oct. 3rd. They also tacked on an extra $200 to the 2018 Si's, as they're now listed as starting at $24,100 instead of $23,900.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Agreed. This would apply more for the regular Civic s than the SI considering the SI was released only a few months ago.

Hard to believe that the dealerships have no information of the release date. Maybe they were lying to me, LoL.

At this point, I would wait for the 2018 unless there is a huge discount for the 2017 leftover inventory. Even if it is true that there is no change, the resale value will not be the same a few years down the road.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. This would apply more for the regular Civic s than the SI considering the SI was released only a few months ago.

Hard to believe that the dealerships have no information of the release date. Maybe they were lying to me, LoL.

At this point, I would wait for the 2018 unless there is a huge discount for the 2017 leftover inventory. Even if it is true that there is no change, the resale value will not be the same a few years down the road.
i doubt that they will have a huge discount.....not enough space between the 2 models

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
i doubt that they will have a huge discount.....not enough space between the 2 models
I am not sure. If there is no significant incentive, who would buy the 2017?

But the dealerships may be stupid enough. There is a 2016 Touring in the showroom and it is still there now.

Last edited:

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they probably just buy a little batch of 2018 just for the demand only until all the older stock is gone...but thats my opinion

civic2tegg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK
Country flag
They are not changing the car..,..the article was prob written by an idiot... vtec is not coming back for the 1.5 the only way the 10th gen is changing in the coming years will be minor facelifts that's it.... so if you are in the market buy a 17 and get the good financing options..

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
They are not changing the car..,..the article was prob written by an idiot... vtec is not coming back for the 1.5 the only way the 10th gen is changing in the coming years will be minor facelifts that's it.... so if you are in the market buy a 17 and get the good financing options..
I like a new car now and I can wait until snowl. My daily commute is a RWD so I prefer a FWD this winter.
I will buy the 2017 only if there is a significant discount. This makes sense.

Last edited:

teamgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t 2017 civic hatch ST
Country flag
Honda has announced pricing and range details of the 2018 Civic Sedan, Coupe and Si models, which will go on sale nationwide on October 3.
Honda Civic Sedan is priced from $18,840 in the LX trim level which is powered by the 158hp 2.0-liter four-cylinder unit, paired to a six-speed manual gearbox. You can opt for the turbocharged 1.5-liter unit in the EX-T trim level that starts from $21,600.

Similarly the 2018 Civic Coupe starts at $19,250 with the 158hp 2.0-liter engine and a manual ‘box, with the more powerful turbo 1.5-liter model kicking off at $21,700. Both the Sedan and the Coupe are also offered with a CVT transmission in all trim levels, bar the entry-level ones.

As for the sporty Si versions, pricing kicks off at $24,100 for both the Sedan and Coupe bodystyles and the 205hp 1.5-liter turbo still reporting for duty.

The 2018 Honda Civic Sedan, Coupe and Si models can be optioned with the Honda Sensing suite of safety and assistance technologies that includes features like Collision Mitigation Braking System with Forward Collision Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control with Low Speed Follow, Lane Keeping Assist System and Road Departure Mitigation incorporating Lane Departure Warning.
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/2018-honda-civic-sedan-priced-from.html

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
Do any of you guys/gals know if new model years get all the recalls/fixes done to them that were needing to be addressed in the model year before?

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Do any of you guys/gals know if new model years get all the recalls/fixes done to them that were needing to be addressed in the model year before?
They should but no one knows. They would try to avoid warranty claims and recalls.

I asked the dealerships multiple times for the release date and they had no clues.
Sponsored