2017 Touring Sedan (non sport) brake vectoring?

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag

Porsche tech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey EX-L, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Very cool. Porsche started incorporating this in the '90s with the 993 model...ABD-- automatic brake differential. Cool to see that the technology is now in use in these economy cars. Didn't realize mine had it. Thanks for the post.

OP
OP

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Interesting.

I drove an X5 (xDrive) on a circular highway ramp at the speed limit (60 kmph).

I had an 8th gen Civic that I used to take on this same ramp and remember feeling how shitty that distinct FWD feeling was.

Took the same ramp at the same speed on the Touring Sedan and it did not feel much different tbh. CivicX's steering was of course not as well-weighted and sharp but it seems to be a cut above the rest in its class. I am guessing Agile Handling Assist comes into play here? The shitty FWD feeling is gone in this gen Civic, the car doesn't feel laboured going around a bend.

What a difference between this CivicX and the previous generations!

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting

I drove an X5 (xDrive) on a circular highway ramp at the speed limit (60 kmph).

I had an 8th gen Civic that I used to take on this same ramp and remember feeling how shitty that distinct FWD feeling was.

Took the same ramp at the same speed on the Touring Sedan and it did not feel much different tbh. CivicX's steering was of course not as well-weighted and sharp but it seems to be a cut above the rest in its class. I am guessing Agile Handling Assist comes into play here? The shitty FWD feeling is gone in this gen Civic, the car doesn't feel laboured going around a bend.

What a difference between this CivicX and the previous generations!
Exactly. If you turn off the VSA and you try turning while accelerating you will feel the car doesn't drive near as well, it feels like you have a flat tire!
Sponsored