First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah for the large piece of the diffuser the plastic they use is not heat rated to be close to the exhaust. They use that little cover piece between the plastic and the exhaust pipe to prevent warping from the heat. They also seem like they don't fit together properly - the cover piece will kinda pop out toward the bottom. Once you mount it and use the body clips to lock it in though, it will line up perfect.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah for the large piece of the diffuser the plastic they use is not heat rated to be close to the exhaust. They use that little cover piece between the plastic and the exhaust pipe to prevent warping from the heat. They also seem like they don't fit together properly - the cover piece will kinda pop out toward the bottom. Once you mount it and use the body clips to lock it in though, it will line up perfect.
That sounds intense but it looks really good. Does it lower the ground clearance for the rear? Or is it around the same as the stock one?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sounds intense but it looks really good. Does it lower the ground clearance for the rear? Or is it around the same as the stock one?
Eh, not too intense. It just snaps into the actual diffuser and then the bottom part is a tight fit so it just kinda pops out a bit until you secure it with the body clip.

I think it's the same as far as ground clearance goes, maybe like 1/2" lower at most but I'm not sure so don't quote me there. I was kind of surprised that it didn't make it look lower at least... Because it definitely looks the same from a distance.

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eh, not too intense. It just snaps into the actual diffuser and then the bottom part is a tight fit so it just kinda pops out a bit until you secure it with the body clip.

I think it's the same as far as ground clearance goes, maybe like 1/2" lower at most but I'm not sure so don't quote me there. I was kind of surprised that it didn't make it look lower at least... Because it definitely looks the same from a distance.
That's disappointing. I'm trying to get one that lowers that a bit without lowering the vehicle haha. But it looks really good so maybe I could still get with that. You have a pearl white hatch?

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's disappointing. I'm trying to get one that lowers that a bit without lowering the vehicle haha. But it looks really good so maybe I could still get with that. You have a pearl white hatch?
Eh, if it lowered too much it would scrape on curbs and those things at the end of the parking space to stop you from going any further... I've heard the Type R is like that. I would say for the $100 you'll spend it makes a huge a huge difference in aesthetics, and it won't be a big deal that it's not lower. If you wanted, you could go aftermarket for a CTR rear bumper conversion but I'd stay away since this new diffuser is a) cheaper and b) it really isn't much different looking if you were to add red pinstripes.

I have Orchid White Pearl yeah. Sometimes I wish I got red though... so my CTR will be red. Unless the boosted blue is actually happening, then I might have to see both in person and make a call...

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So it comes in more than one piece when you order it?
2 different part numbers, 2 separate pieces. Technically 4, but the other two aren't really necessary

I'm with you on the forum fueling my want for a new laundry list every time I look at the damn thing... I wanted to keep the engine stock and maybe the exhaust stock just because I love it the way it is now.
No lie, if you've modded a car, it's like a can of pringles. One you pop, you just can't stop. :rofl:

That vinylmod place is insane. Luckily I already had my paint shop do a glossy black spray over the chrome sport emblem and it looks pretty damn nice. I'll post some pictures when I get the time of my car and I'll get you the link.
Lol, I went to that site, saw what they had, bought the one overlay I wanted, and got the fuck out of there before I spent more money. Hahaha

DEFINITELY going to check out that HID kit and see what I can do with it. I love to tinker too but I have such little time in between driving the car to be able to play around with it.

How much did that run you in total with shipping since you already got one?
I bought my morimoto elite kit black friday... 2017? Came out to 127 shipped that year. Instead of buying the full retroquik set, I pieced it together with the same components on their site (ends up being cheaper by like $20) and I cashed in on TRS's black friday coupons. Ended up being andother $165 for projectors, new bulbs, high beam splitters, and their Moto Ho1ders. Prolly after christmas is when I'ma do that

Got any pics of the 2002? Is it a hatchback? Haha. Do you track any of these cars??
I did some autox with my 2002, and my friend's son (he's only 3 but super into cars and stuff) makes me want to get back into some form of racing so we can get him into racing when he gets old enough. It'd be badass to get him into kid karting or something. My 2002 was an ex coupe. It was boosted at some point, a few different intakes, 3 different suspension setups, a constantly evolving audio system, a couple head gasket changes, one bottom end swap. She was my baby and I damn near broke when the last HG change went bad. 15 years and 205K. I'll post pics when I get home

edit: here's one good pic I found. The others from that photo series were more.. artsy af and can't really see much. lol
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler attachment

and a shot of the retrofit I did on it. All parts were also from TRS. Color matched bezel and blacked out reflector housing. Morimoto Mini D2S with gatling gun shrouds and morimoto xB LED angel eyes behind the shroud for that Iron Man look.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler attachment

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eh, if it lowered too much it would scrape on curbs and those things at the end of the parking space to stop you from going any further... I've heard the Type R is like that. I would say for the $100 you'll spend it makes a huge a huge difference in aesthetics, and it won't be a big deal that it's not lower. If you wanted, you could go aftermarket for a CTR rear bumper conversion but I'd stay away since this new diffuser is a) cheaper and b) it really isn't much different looking if you were to add red pinstripes.

I have Orchid White Pearl yeah. Sometimes I wish I got red though... so my CTR will be red. Unless the boosted blue is actually happening, then I might have to see both in person and make a call...
I've got that Orchid Pearl too! (Although I see them everywhere around where I love haha). I like that blue color personally. I just got the color that was on the used car lot lol. Post pictures if you get one! :)

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2 different part numbers, 2 separate pieces. Technically 4, but the other two aren't really necessary

No lie, if you've modded a car, it's like a can of pringles. One you pop, you just can't stop. :rofl:

Lol, I went to that site, saw what they had, bought the one overlay I wanted, and got the fuck out of there before I spent more money. Hahaha

I bought my morimoto elite kit black friday... 2017? Came out to 127 shipped that year. Instead of buying the full retroquik set, I pieced it together with the same components on their site (ends up being cheaper by like $20) and I cashed in on TRS's black friday coupons. Ended up being andother $165 for projectors, new bulbs, high beam splitters, and their Moto Ho1ders. Prolly after christmas is when I'ma do that

I did some autox with my 2002, and my friend's son (he's only 3 but super into cars and stuff) makes me want to get back into some form of racing so we can get him into racing when he gets old enough. It'd be badass to get him into kid karting or something. My 2002 was an ex coupe. It was boosted at some point, a few different intakes, 3 different suspension setups, a constantly evolving audio system, a couple head gasket changes, one bottom end swap. She was my baby and I damn near broke when the last HG change went bad. 15 years and 205K. I'll post pics when I get home
That's a really good representation of that haha. It's a fucking addiction now.

I don't blame you, I'm sure they have little decals for everything!

Holy hell, might have to save up a bit before getting a kit like that. Leaving the headlights stock is still not bad looking anyway for me.

WHAT. That's a damn Honda for you. Those never quit do they? I have a brother in law that has an older civic hatch like that and he's had it forever too. Damn thing won't quit. Fast and loud as hell too haha.

Next question: Recommend any front lip/spoilers/splitters?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since we both have pre-facelift Sport hatches, I can talk about it and you'll know what I'm talking about. lol

I'm digging the OEM front lip, but kinda wish it had the little winglet flare bits like the FK8. I wanna find one that's a direct replacement (or close to) like the rear lip was, but I haven't been looking that close.
I've also been going back and forth about going with an FK8 rear spoiler. You see my EM2 with the Kaminari KTR-II wing, yeah. The FK8 rear spoiler kinda reminds me of that one, and I really liked it. Other than the FK8 look and the various DTO v-type duckbills out there, nothing else has really caught my eye. But fr, everyone has their own flavor. What I tell everyone, fuck the haters, mod your car the way you want to. Does it make you happy? Then who gives a shit about what anyone else thinks. If it looks ghetto af, I might give you hell, but that's about it. lol

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since we both have pre-facelift Sport hatches, I can talk about it and you'll know what I'm talking about. lol

I'm digging the OEM front lip, but kinda wish it had the little winglet flare bits like the FK8. I wanna find one that's a direct replacement (or close to) like the rear lip was, but I haven't been looking that close.
I've also been going back and forth about going with an FK8 rear spoiler. You see my EM2 with the Kaminari KTR-II wing, yeah. The FK8 rear spoiler kinda reminds me of that one, and I really liked it. Other than the FK8 look and the various DTO v-type duckbills out there, nothing else has really caught my eye. But fr, everyone has their own flavor. What I tell everyone, fuck the haters, mod your car the way you want to. Does it make you happy? Then who gives a shit about what anyone else thinks. If it looks ghetto af, I might give you hell, but that's about it. lol
I dig that light setup you have on the 2002! Might do that one day and see how it goes haha.

Bottom line you're right, I guess I just need to find one I like. I got that duck bill spoiler for my hatchback but I am looking for some lip spoilers for the front and rear. I'll try to get something that looks good enough to not have to hear shit from you haha.

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Have you ever tried a pedal commander?

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol, I think our discussion has officially hijacked your own thread :rofl:

Front grille and a good view of the hood wrap and the front pinstriping. You can also see the driver's side vent I opened up. I've since taken off the emblem. It gave too much of a "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" vibe since it stuck out a bit more than I expected it to. Everything done on my car have been DIY installs
UbfWfMw.jpg

The hood vinyl. No lie, I did the gold to cover up a gap fuck up I ended up having between the red and carbon fiber
Pmo9JiV.jpg

Closeup of the wrapped pillars
eo6YqhT.jpg

How she looks at night with the yellow fogs and HIDs. Potato quality pic tho.
uGoKn2v.jpg

And here are some of the interior vinyl and my fancy af shift knob. lol
rvBZoG5.jpg
8QOZ0m3.jpg
LrLLbVx.jpg
Can you write a DIY on that swapping of the A/T shift booth?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you write a DIY on that swapping of the A/T shift booth?
I'll take pics and upload a proper DIY guide if I decide to change the spring out on my MT shift knob adapter.
  • Follow the instructions to remove the shift boot here
  • To remove the CVT shift knob follow this DIY guide
  • To remove the shift indicator panel, there are 4 orange clips in the 4 corners. Be careful, bc they're easy to break. I found that if you push laterally on them, they'll pop out with ease. Easier said than done on the front 2. There's an electrical connector on the bottom of that once you have it released from all of the clips
  • Once you have that out, flip it over and find the "clips" that hold it all together. I can't recall what it all looks like from memory. I vaguely recall it was rather intuitive once you're staring at it. After that, you should be able to remove the boot/retaining ring assembly from the shift indicator panel.
  • There are a bunch of thick ass staples holding it all down. Pry those up and you'll be able to release the boot from the retraining ring part.
  • I used solid strand wire (legit I think I used kanthal or stainless steel wire from my vape coil supplies) to secure the new boot to the ring part. Had to get creative since that plastic is kinda thick, all things considered, and I wanted to use the existing holes.
There's a quick and dirty DIY guide. I was also sick of all the hairline swirl scratches on the shift indicator panel, and it was really easy to wrap once I had the boot out.

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

disgraced.fk8

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you go with something that's like a year old it should have good functionality with the car especially yours being a 17. I installed a like 4 year old double din Sony in my 17 hatch sport and it worked pretty well except for the buttons on the steering wheel, I could get everything to map except the back button to restart a song. So if you go with something newer but not necessarily brand new, it should work out pretty well. I don't like brand new as often times they haven't worked out kinks on compatibility with different cars and you may be stuck waiting on an update or some bs. I'm sure if you just google "head unit swap 10th gen civic" and then repeat with "head unit swap 2017 civic" you'll see tutorials and you can see if the people doing the videos have issues and whatnot. If you like their radio and it went smooth, then there's your proof that it works properly. For the most part swapping a head unit is easy except wiring the harness and setting the steering wheel controls (if they don't map correctly the first time) so I usually do it myself... not sure on what it costs. I have a hunch over there in Cali, they might run you like $200 for something like that...
Sponsored