First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a direct replacement of the OEM rear lip. Really easy to swap out. I swapped my '18 rear lip for a '20 rear lip and it took me.. 30-45 minutes taking my time? Much easier if you remove the rear bumper, just a heads up.

Taking off the bumper is 4 bolts that are exposed by opening the hatch, 4 screws, 2 in each fenderwell, and like.. 6 (?) of those plastic pop-clip rivet things. They're easy to break, so take your time taking those off. After that, just releasing the molded plastic clip thingies that connect the top outer portions of the bumper to the rear fender/quarterpanel (either by gently prying with something or brute force of pulling). After you have the bumper off, 2 or 4 more of those pop rivet things and a bunch of molded plastic clips holding the lip on. Those molded plastic clips are easier to remove with the aid of a flathead screwdriver. Be gentle and you won't break anything.

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a direct replacement of the OEM rear lip. Really easy to swap out. I swapped my '18 rear lip for a '20 rear lip and it took me.. 30-45 minutes taking my time? Much easier if you remove the rear bumper, just a heads up.

Taking off the bumper is 4 bolts that are exposed by opening the hatch, 4 screws, 2 in each fenderwell, and like.. 6 (?) of those plastic pop-clip rivet things. They're easy to break, so take your time taking those off. After that, just releasing the molded plastic clip thingies that connect the top outer portions of the bumper to the rear fender/quarterpanel (either by gently prying with something or brute force of pulling). After you have the bumper off, 2 or 4 more of those pop rivet things and a bunch of molded plastic clips holding the lip on. Those molded plastic clips are easier to remove with the aid of a flathead screwdriver. Be gentle and you won't break anything.

I guess I was just making sure. I deal with taking bumpers off being in the business but I was curious how much (for lack of a better word) dicking around with fitment you would have to do. I really appreciate the time you took to explain everything!! Do you have a link to the 2020 rear diffuser? I would be curious to take a look at that before I pull the trigger on anything. Haha

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The red accent is vinyl pinstriping put on by me. It comes straight up gloss black from the factory

As far as other cosmetic mods, it's a laundry list, but a lot of it is vinyl wrapping. Check my garage for my full mod list

edit: Back to the 2020 rear lip.. It's cheap on Honda parts websites online (like $50-$60), but they're gonna gouge you to ship it. It's pretty big and a lot of risk damaging it in shipping. I ordered mine from a dealership (P/N 71502-TGG-A70; came out to about $120 after tax, and I picked it up the next day) and I took advantage of free shipping up to $30 at hondapartshq.com and got the exhaust finisher (P/N 71509-TGG-A70; the little plastic bit that mounts onto the lip and over the exhaust tips) overnighted for just $6.88 shipped. Granted, it took a week to process and ship out, but the moment it did, FedEx delivered it the next day. I forgot if it was in the thread I linked above or not, but another member ordered their exhaust finisher and it took their dealer 3 weeks to get in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The red accent is vinyl pinstriping put on by me. It comes straight up gloss black from the factory

As far as other cosmetic mods, it's a laundry list, but a lot of it is vinyl wrapping. Check my garage for my full mod list
That's QUITE the laundry list. Got any pictures showing the whole thing done so far?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's QUITE the laundry list. Got any pictures showing the whole thing done so far?
Lol, I think our discussion has officially hijacked your own thread :rofl:

Front grille and a good view of the hood wrap and the front pinstriping. You can also see the driver's side vent I opened up. I've since taken off the emblem. It gave too much of a "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" vibe since it stuck out a bit more than I expected it to. Everything done on my car have been DIY installs
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler UbfWfMw

The hood vinyl. No lie, I did the gold to cover up a gap fuck up I ended up having between the red and carbon fiber
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler Pmo9JiV

Closeup of the wrapped pillars
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler eo6YqhT

How she looks at night with the yellow fogs and HIDs. Potato quality pic tho.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler uGoKn2v

And here are some of the interior vinyl and my fancy af shift knob. lol
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler rvBZoG5
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler 8QOZ0m3
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler LrLLbVx

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol, I think our discussion has officially hijacked your own thread :rofl:

Front grille and a good view of the hood wrap and the front pinstriping. You can also see the driver's side vent I opened up. I've since taken off the emblem. It gave too much of a "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" vibe since it stuck out a bit more than I expected it to. Everything done on my car have been DIY installs
UbfWfMw.jpg

The hood vinyl. No lie, I did the gold to cover up a gap fuck up I ended up having between the red and carbon fiber
Pmo9JiV.jpg

Closeup of the wrapped pillars
eo6YqhT.jpg

How she looks at night with the yellow fogs and HIDs. Potato quality pic tho.
uGoKn2v.jpg

And here are some of the interior vinyl and my fancy af shift knob. lol
rvBZoG5.jpg
8QOZ0m3.jpg
LrLLbVx.jpg
I like to go off on tangents. Especially when you answered my question so damn fast haha. That's an extravagant wrap/striping job. I bet that took you some time. Definitely see what you mean about the Rudolph part of the emblem, I thought about getting those and it didn't really go wit hthe car so I switched my mind. I put black mirror JDM emblems on mine personally, how much did those red ones run you? Also, I really want those Mario Kart stickers for the button holders haha. Link?

Two questions: How hard is it to install those shifters and what kind of stero setup do you have? I noticed the tweeter in the door and I'm looking to make that upgrade. Sorry for all of the questions, my first practically new car that I wanted to mess around with. I work in a body shop so I have a lot of resources for installing but I want to do some stuff at home.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like to go off on tangents.
You're good, my dude. I do the same. And hey, it's your thread. Why the hell not? lol

That's an extravagant wrap/striping job. I bet that took you some time.
Thanks! The hood took me about 5 hours or so? The B/C pillars took me probably an hour to complete. Interior, maybe a couple hours? idk, I took everything apart, brought the pieces I was gonna wrap inside the house, and watched a movie or 2 while wrapping everything. Forgot to mention that the second thing I ever wrapped was that hood piece above the instrument panel. Shit's cheap on amazon. a 12" x 12" square of 3M 1080 carbon fiber vinyl is $5, 12" x 60" is like 21. The hood was the expensive part, and that cost like $100 for a 5' x 6' (or was it 4' x 5'?) roll of vinyl, and I ended up with a good bit extra. First thing I ever wrapped was the black trim that surrounds the shifter panel, then I just went to town. lol. I also have smoked sidemarkers with amber LED bulbs as far as cosmetic mods go.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler nR76Ya5l

I put black mirror JDM emblems on mine personally, how much did those red ones run you?
The red emblem came with the grille I bought: http://www.fkxracing.com/10TH-GEN-CIVIC-HIGH-FLOW-COOLING-GRILL-BLACK-FK8-FK7-FC3-FC1-FKXFCBG.htm
Fast shipping from that site, but zero communication. I was working out in my garage gym and the fedex dude bought a big ass box to me, and it was 2 days after I had ordered it. The emblem came in 2 days after the grille.

Also, I really want those Mario Kart stickers for the button holders haha. Link?
I gotchu fam

Two questions: How hard is it to install those shifters and what kind of stero setup do you have? I noticed the tweeter in the door and I'm looking to make that upgrade.
The shifter was a DIY adapter job. Design and fabrication definitely took some time, but install was seriously about 15 minutes getting it positioned the way I wanted it (height-wise). Found out that if it's sitting too low, it'll depress the button enough so you can't take the key out, even if it's fully in park. I took the console apart, took some measurements, then designed something up in a 3D modeling program I have (Autodesk 123D design -- It's no longer supported by autodesk, but it still does what I need it to do. I draft up shit in that program to see how feasible it is to make with the tools I have). It's a Raceseng knob, so that was expensive in itself, and I used one of their adapters and made it work for me (had to ream it out to 14mm to be able to slide up and down the OEM shift lever shaft and attach it to an outer sleeve, of sorts, to make sure the knob didn't go flying off). The screws, spring, and stop collar were bought from Ace Hardware, carbon fiber tube bought online (I think the site was rock something composites?), knob and adapter from raceseng's website. Here's a cutaway drawing of what I made.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler cutaway_dafe41336a1d1e0640e9ef9eea85720a132224a2

The only thing that's stationary on this apparatus is the stop collar (black, bottom). Made it so all you do is push down on the knob to be able to shift. There's an adapter out there by.. speeddawg IIRC, but it looked like it would have made the knob sit super high up, and I didn't want that. It also looks like there'd be a good amount of slop to it. My adapter only has a degree or two of rotational play, and that's it. Here's the actual adapter mocked up on a piece of pipe that just so happened to have the same OD as the OEM shift lever
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Sport Hatch Diffuser/Rear Spoiler ohB02l

As far as my stereo system, stock af, but with the addition of tweeters. Mounted in OEM Sport Touring sail panels and I literally soldered the tweeter leads to the speaker plug with a quick disconnect in line somewhere. I'm content with how it is right now, but it can definitely use some upgrading some time in the future.

Sorry for all of the questions, my first practically new car that I wanted to mess around with. I work in a body shop so I have a lot of resources for installing but I want to do some stuff at home.
lol. you're good. I'm an admin on another civic forum, so I'm used to all the questions. Happy to help!

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're good, my dude. I do the same. And hey, it's your thread. Why the hell not? lol

Thanks! The hood took me about 5 hours or so? The B/C pillars took me probably an hour to complete. Interior, maybe a couple hours? idk, I took everything apart, brought the pieces I was gonna wrap inside the house, and watched a movie or 2 while wrapping everything. Forgot to mention that the second thing I ever wrapped was that hood piece above the instrument panel. Shit's cheap on amazon. a 12" x 12" square of 3M 1080 carbon fiber vinyl is $5, 12" x 60" is like 21. The hood was the expensive part, and that cost like $100 for a 5' x 6' (or was it 4' x 5'?) roll of vinyl, and I ended up with a good bit extra. First thing I ever wrapped was the black trim that surrounds the shifter panel, then I just went to town. lol. I also have smoked sidemarkers with amber LED bulbs as far as cosmetic mods go.
nR76Ya5l.jpg

The red emblem came with the grille I bought: http://www.fkxracing.com/10TH-GEN-CIVIC-HIGH-FLOW-COOLING-GRILL-BLACK-FK8-FK7-FC3-FC1-FKXFCBG.htm
Fast shipping from that site, but zero communication. I was working out in my garage gym and the fedex dude bought a big ass box to me, and it was 2 days after I had ordered it. The emblem came in 2 days after the grille.

I gotchu fam

The shifter was a DIY adapter job. Design and fabrication definitely took some time, but install was seriously about 15 minutes getting it positioned the way I wanted it (height-wise). Found out that if it's sitting too low, it'll depress the button enough so you can't take the key out, even if it's fully in park. I took the console apart, took some measurements, then designed something up in a 3D modeling program I have (Autodesk 123D design -- It's no longer supported by autodesk, but it still does what I need it to do. I draft up shit in that program to see how feasible it is to make with the tools I have). It's a Raceseng knob, so that was expensive in itself, and I used one of their adapters and made it work for me (had to ream it out to 14mm to be able to slide up and down the OEM shift lever shaft and attach it to an outer sleeve, of sorts, to make sure the knob didn't go flying off). The screws, spring, and stop collar were bought from Ace Hardware, carbon fiber tube bought online (I think the site was rock something composites?), knob and adapter from raceseng's website. Here's a cutaway drawing of what I made.
cutaway_dafe41336a1d1e0640e9ef9eea85720a132224a2.jpg

The only thing that's stationary on this apparatus is the stop collar (black, bottom). Made it so all you do is push down on the knob to be able to shift. There's an adapter out there by.. speeddawg IIRC, but it looked like it would have made the knob sit super high up, and I didn't want that. It also looks like there'd be a good amount of slop to it. My adapter only has a degree or two of rotational play, and that's it. Here's the actual adapter mocked up on a piece of pipe that just so happened to have the same OD as the OEM shift lever
ohB02lg.jpg

As far as my stereo system, stock af, but with the addition of tweeters. Mounted in OEM Sport Touring sail panels and I literally soldered the tweeter leads to the speaker plug with a quick disconnect in line somewhere. I'm content with how it is right now, but it can definitely use some upgrading some time in the future.

lol. you're good. I'm an admin on another civic forum, so I'm used to all the questions. Happy to help!
ADHD is a real bitch lol.

You write like an admin that's for sure haha. It definitely helps to be able to fabricate stuff for the shifter. I'm not sure if I want to go that crazy with it.

Thanks for the links! I'll check those out some time in the near future for the stickers but I'll stick with my black emblems :) . Want to work on the outside cosmetics first I think. Did you buy the smoked marker lights? I had one of my guys do a smoke tint on it and they came out pretty clean.

I guess my next question is how difficult is it to do the HID light kit? I've been reading up a bit on it and it seems like people have a lot of problems... I'm nervous to dick around with wiring although I'm usually pretty good with it, especially with stereo systems. Are there easy plug and play systems? Or is that pretty much impossible without relays or whatever?

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ADHD is a real bitch lol.
got that right.. hahaha. I vowed to keep this civic stock after collectively spending.. prolly upwards of 15k on my 2002 civic. That vow didn't last long, especially after finding this forum

You write like an admin that's for sure haha. It definitely helps to be able to fabricate stuff for the shifter. I'm not sure if I want to go that crazy with it.
Lol ah shit. But on the adapter thing. I constantly find myself wanting to tinker with or make random shit. I learn by doing, and if I've never done it before, i'm damn sure gonna try it out. Never worked with "machining" carbon fiber before, and I just barely got myself a drill press. Figured it'd be good enough to mill a "softer" material. Did good enough for government work. lol.

Thanks for the links! I'll check those out some time in the near future for the stickers but I'll stick with my black emblems :) . Want to work on the outside cosmetics first I think. Did you buy the smoked marker lights? I had one of my guys do a smoke tint on it and they came out pretty clean.
No problem! There was a site that sells overlays for emblems... www.vinylmod.com. I have a red overlay for my sport emblem. Might wanna give them a look, see if anything catches your eye.

I guess my next question is how difficult is it to do the HID light kit? I've been reading up a bit on it and it seems like people have a lot of problems... I'm nervous to dick around with wiring although I'm usually pretty good with it, especially with stereo systems. Are there easy plug and play systems? Or is that pretty much impossible without relays or whatever?
Kinda hard to say. It'd technically easy with my current setup. Plug shit in, turn shit on, pray it all works the way it's supposed to. If not, backtrack and figure out where you fucked up. Making it look clean. That's the hard part. You take a peek under my hood, unless you knew what it's supposed to look like under the hood, you couldn't tell what was aftermarket and what wasn't. Hiding all the wires takes time, patience, and a shit ton of taking shit apart to see how you can safely run those wires and still have enough length to reach where you want it to. A relay harness is definitely the best way to power HIDs, otherwise you may run into some issues. In my 2002, ran with no relay harness for a while, and one side would constantly not power up. Put a relay harness in (so the ballasts were getting power directly from the battery) and all my problems went away. The nice thing is theretrofitsource.com is a thing. The morimoto elite kit they sell is essentially a PnP HID kit, and works rather well for our stock projectors. Get whatever color temp you want, but make sure it's H11B.

I'm about to do a retrofit into my stock headlights, and that's where HIDs can get kinda complicated. At least with the retroquick kit TRS sells, it makes it kinda bolt in, just gotta trim some off the bracket they supply. I have all the parts in, just gotta set aside a day or two to do it, depending on how far down the rabbit hole I wanna go. But, with that retrofit, you get a much cleaner, sharper cutoff and better light distribution. I did one on my 2002 and holy shit man, it was nice.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

edit: Back to the 2020 rear lip.. It's cheap on Honda parts websites online (like $50-$60), but they're gonna gouge you to ship it. It's pretty big and a lot of risk damaging it in shipping. I ordered mine from a dealership (P/N 71502-TGG-A70; came out to about $120 after tax, and I picked it up the next day) and I took advantage of free shipping up to $30 at hondapartshq.com and got the exhaust finisher (P/N 71509-TGG-A70; the little plastic bit that mounts onto the lip and over the exhaust tips) overnighted for just $6.88 shipped. Granted, it took a week to process and ship out, but the moment it did, FedEx delivered it the next day. I forgot if it was in the thread I linked above or not, but another member ordered their exhaust finisher and it took their dealer 3 weeks to get in.
Can confirm, took forever to get mine in. The diffuser itself took a week but the cover took about 3

OP
OP
TheColorTheif1

TheColorTheif1

StormtrooperCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
got that right.. hahaha. I vowed to keep this civic stock after collectively spending.. prolly upwards of 15k on my 2002 civic. That vow didn't last long, especially after finding this forum

Lol ah shit. But on the adapter thing. I constantly find myself wanting to tinker with or make random shit. I learn by doing, and if I've never done it before, i'm damn sure gonna try it out. Never worked with "machining" carbon fiber before, and I just barely got myself a drill press. Figured it'd be good enough to mill a "softer" material. Did good enough for government work. lol.

No problem! There was a site that sells overlays for emblems... www.vinylmod.com. I have a red overlay for my sport emblem. Might wanna give them a look, see if anything catches your eye.

Kinda hard to say. It'd technically easy with my current setup. Plug shit in, turn shit on, pray it all works the way it's supposed to. If not, backtrack and figure out where you fucked up. Making it look clean. That's the hard part. You take a peek under my hood, unless you knew what it's supposed to look like under the hood, you couldn't tell what was aftermarket and what wasn't. Hiding all the wires takes time, patience, and a shit ton of taking shit apart to see how you can safely run those wires and still have enough length to reach where you want it to. A relay harness is definitely the best way to power HIDs, otherwise you may run into some issues. In my 2002, ran with no relay harness for a while, and one side would constantly not power up. Put a relay harness in (so the ballasts were getting power directly from the battery) and all my problems went away. The nice thing is theretrofitsource.com is a thing. The morimoto elite kit they sell is essentially a PnP HID kit, and works rather well for our stock projectors. Get whatever color temp you want, but make sure it's H11B.

I'm about to do a retrofit into my stock headlights, and that's where HIDs can get kinda complicated. At least with the retroquick kit TRS sells, it makes it kinda bolt in, just gotta trim some off the bracket they supply. I have all the parts in, just gotta set aside a day or two to do it, depending on how far down the rabbit hole I wanna go. But, with that retrofit, you get a much cleaner, sharper cutoff and better light distribution. I did one on my 2002 and holy shit man, it was nice.
I'm with you on the forum fueling my want for a new laundry list every time I look at the damn thing... I wanted to keep the engine stock and maybe the exhaust stock just because I love it the way it is now.

That vinylmod place is insane. Luckily I already had my paint shop do a glossy black spray over the chrome sport emblem and it looks pretty damn nice. I'll post some pictures when I get the time of my car and I'll get you the link.

DEFINITELY going to check out that HID kit and see what I can do with it. I love to tinker too but I have such little time in between driving the car to be able to play around with it.

How much did that run you in total with shipping since you already got one? Got any pics of the 2002? Is it a hatchback? Haha. Do you track any of these cars??
Sponsored