aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Hypothetically, 2017 civic si coupe versus a blue Hyundai veloster that, other than the license plate "NT A HONDA", was unmarked. The veloster was in front of me, first in line, at a stop light. He got a better jump, as I didn't know if we were really going to go or not, but we did. I've got to say that, hypothetically, it was a very even and close run up to about a hypothetical 112 mph. I think the short range of 2nd gear put me a little behind and I probably stayed in that gear a second or two too long. I stayed even with him the rest of the way through, but probably had a miniscule advantage through the rest of the gears. It would have been hypothetically interesting had we both been in the front of the pack but separate lanes... Good times.
Sponsored

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
Hypothetically, 2017 civic si coupe versus a blue Hyundai veloster that, other than the license plate "NT A HONDA", was unmarked. The veloster was in front of me, first in line, at a stop light. He got a better jump, as I didn't know if we were really going to go or not, but we did. I've got to say that, hypothetically, it was a very even and close run up to about a hypothetical 112 mph. I think the short range of 2nd gear put me a little behind and I probably stayed in that gear a second or two too long. I stayed even with him the rest of the way through, but probably had a miniscule advantage through the rest of the gears. It would have been hypothetically interesting had we both been in the front of the pack but separate lanes... Good times.
I had VT 13' turbo... those little cars aren't slow. I almost compare it to the Si power-wise but head-2-head the Si will slowly pull away. Keep in mind it's a light car too, 201hp/195trq so number to number they run a close race but then again the Si has a couple other mechanical items that in a race give it the advantage. Then when it comes to turns, etc. the Si has the better handling.

My VT was tuned with the boltons so it was running about 260hp/280trq...... Si power plant is much better, just a tune a lone can get about this or so.

OP
OP
aighead

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I'd love to try it again and know what kind of work he'd done to it... It had some mods to it, at least as far as the body work etc. was concerned. I'd like to know if it was souped up at all. Uh hypothetically.
Sponsored