2017 Si Factory Sub - How does yours sound?

hockeymutt

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 si
Country flag
sounds horrible, can't wait to swap this out. the car has great miss and highs. i'll prob swap it out for a pioneer.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I just tinkered with the settings and just realize the DTS Neural Surround option. I read that it makes the speakers output in 5.1 when turned on. If turned off, I feel like the music is more louder and "closer" because it is at 2 channels instead...

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I just tinkered with the settings and just realize the DTS Neural Surround option. I read that it makes the speakers output in 5.1 when turned on. If turned off, I feel like the music is more louder and "closer" because it is at 2 channels instead...
It's interesting how the DTS Neural "enhancement" can make some content sound amazing while other content sounds much better with it off. Personally, I prefer my music on the "pure" side with as little artificial enhancement as possible.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
It's interesting how the DTS Neural "enhancement" can make some content sound amazing while other content sounds much better with it off. Personally, I prefer my music on the "pure" side with as little artificial enhancement as possible.
Yeah I've heard that when turned on it's amazing for podcasts or audio with voices. But it seems to "stretch" music which makes it sound more trebly and far away. DTS Off has definitely made a noticeable change in "loudness"

hockeymutt

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 si
Country flag
so got rid of the rattle with tips seen here and the sub sounds way better. almost to the point were i won't touch it

InfamousSi

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, 2015 Mustang GT
Country flag
I set my DTS to ON and played around with MID range settings to get better mid range sounds to get it to sound as natural as I could get it. Still playing around with some settings and different song types to get the perfect sound but not there yet. However, with the settings I have so far I feel like it's pretty good and the bass is definitely better with DTS ON.

pnoypride81

First Name
Eidrian Espino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan 2018 Odyssey
Country flag
Hi All,

Proud new owner of an Aegean Blue Si Sedan here. Love the car to death... It did take me about 3 days to realize the car didn't have a CD player though!! haha! Anyway, I am curious on how anyone else's factory sub sounds in their Si. Honestly the one in my car is absolutely terrible, it puts out absolutely nothing and if you try to turn it up it just over flexes and pops and rattles and again just sounds plain horrible. I have to turn it all the way down on all types of music as it literally cannot handle any bass response at all. Question is if you guys are seeing / hearing the same thing? Is mine defective? Should I call and schedule for Honda to check it out? Thoughts please, and thanks.
I was thinking bout the same thing. I purchased my 18’ Si December 2017 and also got a 18’ Odyssey the next month and I’m telling you, the difference in the sound is night and day!! I didn’t even know both of them have subwoofers but the odyssey definitely tops the civic’s by a ton!! Is there a good replacement for the Si’s sub?? Would really like for it to sound like my odyssey. Sometimes, it also sounds better on Bluetooth rather than the Apple CarPlay. Juz my observation. Thanks for any info.

pnoypride81

First Name
Eidrian Espino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan 2018 Odyssey
Country flag
I was thinking bout the same thing. I purchased my 18’ Si December 2017 and also got a 18’ Odyssey the next month and I’m telling you, the difference in the sound is night and day!! I didn’t even know both of them have subwoofers but the odyssey definitely tops the civic’s by a ton!! Is there a good replacement for the Si’s sub?? Would really like for it to sound like my odyssey. Sometimes, it also sounds better on Bluetooth rather than the Apple CarPlay. Juz my observation. Thanks for any info.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Hi All,

Proud new owner of an Aegean Blue Si Sedan here. Love the car to death... It did take me about 3 days to realize the car didn't have a CD player though!! haha! Anyway, I am curious on how anyone else's factory sub sounds in their Si. Honestly the one in my car is absolutely terrible, it puts out absolutely nothing and if you try to turn it up it just over flexes and pops and rattles and again just sounds plain horrible. I have to turn it all the way down on all types of music as it literally cannot handle any bass response at all. Question is if you guys are seeing / hearing the same thing? Is mine defective? Should I call and schedule for Honda to check it out? Thoughts please, and thanks.
Mine sounds fantastic. This is easily the best-sounding factory stereo system I've ever had. I have no plans to modify it, other than replacing that awful HU. For the interface of course, not because of sound quality.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
the factory sub is just ok. its not as nice sounding as the factory sub that was in my rsx s though

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's better than my 8th gen stock "sub", that thing was barely noticeable at +6. I'm dying to get my pair of 12"s reinstalled but getting 4 gauge through the firewall has me at a standstill. Drilling might be the only way which I've never had to do before. Building the subwoofer wall will be the next challenge, more time consuming than anything. It worked so well in the 8th gen without sacrificing hardly any usable trunk space. It wipes out fold down seat carrying capacity, but it's not like I bought this car to haul drywall lol.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's better than my 8th gen stock "sub", that thing was barely noticeable at +6. I'm dying to get my pair of 12"s reinstalled but getting 4 gauge through the firewall has me at a standstill. Drilling might be the only way which I've never had to do before. Building the subwoofer wall will be the next challenge, more time consuming than anything. It worked so well in the 8th gen without sacrificing hardly any usable trunk space. It wipes out fold down seat carrying capacity, but it's not like I bought this car to haul drywall lol.
You should be able to get 4 gauge through the grommet behind that battery.