cbolanos

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport Radio 8F3EF51E-C9C1-4EEB-B6BE-217CBFE2D734
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport Radio 23A899A9-92C4-4FE8-8B12-83A178083960
So I’ve had my hatchback for about two years and now I an looking at options to replace the factory radio. I wanted to replace it with the Si factory radio but dealership says it is not compatible and it will void my warranty. Is this true? Has anybody upgraded? Any advice?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport Radio 589C1E04-FA76-4C57-BE45-E8579E5A717F

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Factory Si radio? Yuck. Go to a car audio shop and install something better, there's a good thread on the forum about it, try a search. Best Buy had free installs recently.

An aftermarket Carplay/AA deck like a Kenwood or JVC will sound better and be faster than a factory Si radio.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I had the same radio ('18 LX).

IMO... Kenwood has decent sound quality and controls. It can be as simple or as complicated as you like. And they seem to be reliable. Folks do note some issues with phone connectivity, though.

I saw a few options to keep the steering wheel controls. But I also saw reviews that were about 50/50 with those interfaces. So I just decided to not bother with it.

Mine is single-din. But, from what I can tell from the specs, it looks like the same amp design and EQ for the double-din units.

Upgrading the factory door speakers will definitely allow you to take advantage of the additional power.

Good luck.

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
P.S. I think what the dealer is talking about is the difference between the relatively passive radio you have and the relatively complicated, hyper-processed systems on the higher trims. While it could *probably* be done; it'd be a huge pain-in-the-ass, IMO. Plus they just suck. You are very fortunate to have a lot of aftermarket choices. So many folks have to deal with line converters and external amps to change their more complicated radio's signals into something workable.

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Get an aftermarket Android head unit. It'll be cheaper than getting the stock touchscreen radio. I got mine from Aliexpress. It's a Dasaita brand. Easy to install. Plug and play. Only bad thing about it is that I can't make it work with my KTuner.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport Radio 0DFEC3F2-9B07-4876-8128-11EA7DC3AD3F

jagnew

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Get an aftermarket Android head unit. It'll be cheaper than getting the stock touchscreen radio. I got mine from Aliexpress. It's a Dasaita brand. Easy to install. Plug and play. Only bad thing about it is that I can't make it work with my KTuner.

0DFEC3F2-9B07-4876-8128-11EA7DC3AD3F.jpeg
With this head unit do you lose any functionality from stock like backup cam, steering wheel controls, etc?

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
With this head unit do you lose any functionality from stock like backup cam, steering wheel controls, etc?
Everything works. Backup camera, steering wheel controls. I have the Hatchback Sport so we don't have lane watch but there's a hookup for it. The Hatchback Sport only has the generic door open symbol. This head unit will let you know which door is open. Trunk included. I have it getting data from my phone's Hotspot. The HVAC status will also be displayed on the head unit as well.

jagnew

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Everything works. Backup camera, steering wheel controls. I have the Hatchback Sport so we don't have lane watch but there's a hookup for it. The Hatchback Sport only has the generic door open symbol. This head unit will let you know which door is open. Trunk included. I have it getting data from my phone's Hotspot. The HVAC status will also be displayed on the head unit as well.
That’s awesome thanks for the info. How much did you pay and would you recommend this over options at best buy?

er1c_b

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s awesome thanks for the info. How much did you pay and would you recommend this over options at best buy?
This is the one I got. It was $338 when I bought it. One of my guys bought it a month later and it was $378. It's $387 now but they always have coupons that you can use. I didn't even check what Best Buy had when I was researching a replacement for the Sport head unit.

US $389.25 25% Off | Dasaita 9" Android 9.0 Car GPS Radio Player for Honda Civic 2015 2016 with Octa Core 4GB+32GB Auto Multimedia Stereo video 4G
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/4s020A3A

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was in the same situation before as well. I got sick of the stock radio in my Sport and decided to upgrade. Thankfully I had a friend who was able to help me get this Kenwood head unit installed. We purchased all the parts through Best Buy.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport Radio A2AA8BD7-0F53-4BAF-96F1-5F19A8185CDC

B3B31011

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
Just got my Phonix radio, everything works and plug and play. Also got the apple play dongle

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport Radio 1102FDDE-83F1-4569-A5D8-1354D68BD028

OP
OP

cbolanos

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

OP
OP

cbolanos

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! I’ve been looking inti phenix radio have had a lot of good reviews.

How long have you had it? Any issues?

shoegazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's a lot of bad reviews too. Not trying to argue or be negative. Just get all the info.
Sponsored