2017 Honda Civic Gas Mileage Gauge Issue

tsilva707

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
So my girlfriend has a 2017 Honda Civic that she's been having issues with. She'll put in gas, gets it to about 100 miles, she drives less than 5 miles to work, goes to work, then when she gets in her car and turns it on, the amount of miles she has drastically decreases to about 33 miles left in her tank. Anybody had this happen to them or know why this could occur? Appreciate any feedback, thank you!
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not exactly. I have had one of the tank sensors fail on another vehicle when it was just a few years old and well inside the warranty period. My gas gauge simply wouldn't read right. I don't know if you fuel level shows an erroneous level as well or if there's something going on with the display getting a bad signal throwing the computation off... but it's definitely worth a trip to the dealer.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The range shown takes imto account the fuel mileage since the last reset of the A Trip Odometet. When you fill up, it's usually the low consumption over that period. If that odometer is set to reset at every fillup, if you go only a short distance with a few good acceleration, the range shown can go down dramatically, as the average fuel mileage is high in that short distance. I'm used to it now. More accurate as miles or kilometers pile up.
Sponsored