thealmightysound

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Hello all!

Looking for a fix. I have not been able to use my Bluetooth since Sunday 2/3. I've had small connection issues before resolved by repairing my phone and the Bluetooth in the car, doing a hard reset using the Audio button (this is more rare for me), restarting my phone, etc. Now none of these fixes are working. I called Honda on Tuesday and they said 95% of the time it's the phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and checked with other devices I have the phone paired to and there are no issues. I'm hesitant to believe it's the phone. When I got in my car it said the phone was paired, but the music was not so I did what I normally do in bold. No luck. Every time I tried, it said it was paired, but it would still play through my phone. I finally gave up and haven't tried since Tuesday, but I have no idea whether to do a factory reset of my phone (which would be a giant pain) or try to take my car in. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
There was a system update for the 2016 stereo specifically for BT problems, but it would probably already be applied to a 2017.

You should try un-pairing both the stereo and the phone. Then reboot both (hold down head unit power button for 5s, select "yes" at the prompt). Next try re-pairing. If the problem occurs again, then you can try the service department. The dealer may or may not be helpful for you. Mine simply attached with their iPhone and told me it was a problem with my (Android) phone. Thanks, buddy. It's too easy for them to simply hand wave any software issues away and tell you its a phone problem.

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Not sure if this will help you out, but when I have bluetooth sync issues once in a while, I found that connecting the car via the USB and Android Auto seems to re-establish the bluetooth connection.

I'm not sure of the equipment levels, but I believe your EX has the touchscreen display audio with AA, right?

Hope this helps.

Legato

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I know on my sport (non touch screen radio) I’ve had the same issue, but all I had to do was go to my settings and pressed on “connect an audio device” and selected my iPhone. For whatever reason it doesn’t like it when I use the usb to charge and the use Bluetooth for music. It will disconnect my phone as the an audio device and will only work for usb, but phone calls still patch through normally.

OP
OP

thealmightysound

First Name
Megan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Upgrading to Android 8 Oreo fixed all my issues.
I'm totally willing to do that, but I don't have the slightest clue how to make sure I'm downloading the right thing. I'm fairly technologically saavy, but I just don't want to screw up my phone :-/ Any tips?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know if this will help or not, but on my phone under blue tooth settings, it lists the hands free link and when I hit the settings for it,a box comes up and all this stuff has to be checked off in order for it all to work, phone audio, message access, media audio.
Sponsored