2017 hatchback civic ex CVT PROBLEMS!

jalex4109

Mr.hatcherson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback ex cvt
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 hatchback civic ex CVT PROBLEMS! IMG_5338.JPG
I HAD MR.hatchy for about 3 weeks now and I ran into a couple issues:banghead: FIRST ISSUE I left the dealership and TPMS sensor on thought aye maybe low tire pressure they was all fine . THEN brang it to honda they fix it SO THEY SAY:dunno:Leave the service and bang back on diagnosed it myself threw settings .NUMBER 2 ISSUE REVERSE CAMERA NOT WORKING doesn't even show up in my setting either:what: .NUMBER 3 bad grinding noise apon startup which is highly embarrassing :bonk: anybody have these issues as well:doh::doh::doh:
Sponsored

lnblues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX CVT
IMG_5338.JPG
I HAD MR.hatchy for about 3 weeks now and I ran into a couple issues:banghead: FIRST ISSUE I left the dealership and TPMS sensor on thought aye maybe low tire pressure they was all fine . THEN brang it to honda they fix it SO THEY SAY:dunno:Leave the service and bang back on diagnosed it myself threw settings .NUMBER 2 ISSUE REVERSE CAMERA NOT WORKING doesn't even show up in my setting either:what: .NUMBER 3 bad grinding noise apon startup which is highly embarrassing :bonk: anybody have these issues as well:doh::doh::doh:
I had the TPMS Info come on while my first trip of 200 miles. I got out and kicked the tires and they seemed OK I was going back to the dealer the next day and had them check the air. They each had 55 PSI :what::what: .... you'd think a good dealer would check the tires.
dropped them down to 36 PSI and set CALIBRATE Today the alarm came on and I checked the tires, they are all at 36 like we set them.:doh:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Wh..w..why would anyone's first reaction to a CHECK TIRE PRESSURE, would be to kick your tires...? I didn't realize people's feet were calibrated to measure pressure.

What likely happened is they generally overfill tires for transport so they don't get flat spots. Dealer forgot to properly inflate them during PDI.

Your Civics (we don't have TPMS here in Canada) - do not actually measure tire pressure. They measure tire rotation speed and if there is a variation thereof, it assumes it's due to tire pressure.

If your tires are all properly inflated, check tread depth to make sure it's not widely different than any other ones, or that you have bent rims. If all is fine, take it to the dealer.

As for the OP who seems to think emojis are interchangeable with actual words, ALL of your concerns would be so easily handled if you just took it to the dealer. You're giving VIP Honda some free advertising by still rocking their license plate, might as well make use of your patronage.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
I had the TPMS Info come on while my first trip of 200 miles. I got out and kicked the tires and they seemed OK I was going back to the dealer the next day and had them check the air. They each had 55 PSI :what::what: .... you'd think a good dealer would check the tires.
dropped them down to 36 PSI and set CALIBRATE Today the alarm came on and I checked the tires, they are all at 36 like we set them.:doh:
Check the placard in the driver's door. It'll tell you the actual correct PSI to inflate your tires to. 36 PSI would most likely not be correct, thus why your TPMS is still going off. It'll probably be around 30-32 PSI.
Sponsored