Country flag
Last edited:

3925blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Not trying to be mean, but I don't understand the point of this post. The first two things are cool, I suppose, though they are not yet listed on the BC website at all, nor are they listed in their production schedule as happening any time soon. (Unless they are the same ones listed for the L15 in the Fit, in with case it says they are in stock. Woot! Someone do a full custom build now please...)

The second two links mean literally nothing to us. VTA blow-off plates have a pretty terrible rep on this forum and universal turbo housings & Tial parts for total custom jobs don't really hold much interest.

Is there anything you could add that might increase the pertinence of this post?

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not trying to be mean, but I don't understand the point of this post. The first two things are cool, I suppose, though they are not yet listed on the BC website at all, nor are they listed in their production schedule as happening any time soon. (Unless they are the same ones listed for the L15 in the Fit, in with case it says they are in stock. Woot! Someone do a full custom build now please...)

The second two links mean literally nothing to us. VTA blow-off plates have a pretty terrible rep on this forum and universal turbo housings & Tial parts for total custom jobs don't really hold much interest.

Is there anything you could add that might increase the pertinence of this post?
@3925blue I agree that blow off valves have a bad reputation around here but I think this is a relevant post to this forum. No need to shit on it.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Has anyone installed rods and valve springs yet?

RomelM12

World's 1st Widebody FK7
First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Prelude Type SH, 2008 Honda Accord EX-L, 2012 Hyundai Elantra Ltd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those @RunBC part numbers are incorrect. Their website sucks and is outdated.

The connecting rods for our motor are BC6007. I just dropped off my cylinder head yesterday for R&D of Valves and Valvetrain kit (springs and retainers).

Crower declined to make turbo cams at the moment.

For those of you who don't follow me on IG @RomelM12_FK7 I am swapping an L15B7 into my FK7, but first fully building it.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

RomelM12

World's 1st Widebody FK7
First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's OK... there is another that's already working on them:thumbsup::cool:
Who? And will it be done by mid september? That's approximately when I estimate to be putting the motor back together.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Ooo, what are turbo cams specifically, and what does this upgrade do over the stock cams?

RomelM12

World's 1st Widebody FK7
First Name
Romel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ooo, what are turbo cams specifically, and what does this upgrade do over the stock cams?
Same as regular cams but typically with a little bit more overlap between the intake and exhaust lobes. It's a bit of a lengthy explanation. You would be better served googling the term and reading the plethora of articles regarding it.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Same as regular cams but typically with a little bit more overlap between the intake and exhaust lobes. It's a bit of a lengthy explanation. You would be better served googling the term and reading the plethora of articles regarding it.
Will do. What is the basic end result of the upgrade? More top end? Or better acceleration?
Sponsored