2017 Civic Type R Sets 7:43.80 FWD Nurburgring Record! [Video]

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Sedan EX - 2014 VFR800F DLX
Awesome video and awesome run!

The only issue that bugs me is that this run has to have an asterisk by the time.

I understand the roll cage...99% of manufacturers put them in when running a timed lap at Green Hell, but removing factory equipment? Eh, that's a bit much. Even more, SC2's aren't even available on our North American R's, are they? Hopefully they didn't remove the AC like last lap they did...IIRC the 2015?

Not hating, just wishing there was more consistency with this stuff...
Sponsored

Apexial

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si
Awesome video and awesome run!

The only issue that bugs me is that this run has to have an asterisk by the time.

I understand the roll cage...99% of manufacturers put them in when running a timed lap at Green Hell, but removing factory equipment? Eh, that's a bit much. Even more, SC2's aren't even available on our North American R's, are they? Hopefully they didn't remove the AC like last lap they did...IIRC the 2015?

Not hating, just wishing there was more consistency with this stuff...
They only remove enough equipment to off set the weight of the roll cage. It wouldn't be accurate otherwise.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I'm very concerned about this exact thing happening. No garage for it, luckily my work is gated though, so getting it stolen at work would be pretty difficult. Any other parking lot though, I'm sure I will dread coming out and hoping it is still there.

Also, this ring time is amazing! Less than two months. :thumbsup:

I'm not going to worry about my work place parking. Ain't nobody pays attention to my Honda....

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Sets 7:43.80 FWD Nurburgring Record! [Video] e5HTm7U

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Sets 7:43.80 FWD Nurburgring Record! [Video] e5HTm7U
[/IMG]

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
@erbee That's quite a lineup there. I think any Honda model would be overlooked there.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They only remove enough equipment to off set the weight of the roll cage. It wouldn't be accurate otherwise.
They are playing with numbers, though...and the car is no longer stock.

If they want a "production" lap record, they should use a showroom stock car, put a cage in it and set a lap. They went way beyond this.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
They are playing with numbers, though...and the car is no longer stock.

If they want a "production" lap record, they should use a showroom stock car, put a cage in it and set a lap. They went way beyond this.
But the cage alone makes it not stock, so they get back to stock weight by removing things that add up to the cage in weight.

How did they go beyond anything by evening out the weight?

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But the cage alone makes it not stock, so they get back to stock weight by removing things that add up to the cage in weight.

How did they go beyond anything by evening out the weight?
The cage is for safety. Just like the helmet and suit for the driver are. We don't subtract those.

They really don't need to even anything out at all. When you start "playing" with weight numbers, you alter the legitimacy of these times. This is why some companies don't run this track at all...because everyone just plays by their own rules.

Again, if it were me...I'd slap a cage on a production car and run it as is. You can't dispute any results then.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Everybody is a critic - be happy people, it's a fast af Civic Type R and you have a chance to buy one.
Tou·ché! Nicely said... now, I need my CTR!

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
No lap time for the SI? LOL.
Not sure if you are joking? Si is a North American designed and sold vehicle for sporty commuting and sales numbers. The Type R is designed by Japanese and European engineers and built to be the fastest FWD car ever. Si has no place on the Nurburg.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
This car is making waves, from the lap time to how it looks. It's basically a rolling billboard to everyone who thinks Honda has fallen off, saying "stfu". I just hope they sell...

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Not sure if you are joking? Si is a North American designed and sold vehicle for sporty commuting and sales numbers. The Type R is designed by Japanese and European engineers and built to be the fastest FWD car ever. Si has no place on the Nurburg.

No lap time for Civic LX?
Sponsored