2017 Civic Type R Sets 7:43.80 FWD Nurburgring Record! [Video]

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I would welcome a gearbox similar to Porsche's PDK.
If only they could make a PDK as reliable as a Honda MT...
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If someone would make this car their daily driver. I wonder how long it would take before someone stole your TypeR seeing it sit in the same spot every day while you're at work or at home. Just saying professional car thieves going to be hunting these things down.
I will be daily driving this vehicle.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
I would welcome a gearbox similar to Porsche's PDK.
Drove my friends 2015 Cayman S with PDK, it's not near as much fun to drive as his 2006 Cayman S with 6MT was. In the PDK you can feel the computer constantly making adjustments in the throttle etc., almost annoying. On the track the PDk would be magnificent and far faster that shifting a 6MT though.

InitialDougie

1st PMM CTR delivery & only 2017 Sold @ MSRP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, RSX Type S, CTR
Country flag
I'm happy it's still a true three pedal setup. Hopefully it will stay that way for the next few years, but I'm sure one day the manual will be gone and that will indeed be a sad day for me.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
If someone would make this car their daily driver. I wonder how long it would take before someone stole your TypeR seeing it sit in the same spot every day while you're at work or at home. Just saying professional car thieves going to be hunting these things down.
I'm very concerned about this exact thing happening. No garage for it, luckily my work is gated though, so getting it stolen at work would be pretty difficult. Any other parking lot though, I'm sure I will dread coming out and hoping it is still there.

Also, this ring time is amazing! Less than two months. :thumbsup:

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Honda UK confirmed it was equipping with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s during the record setting lap.
I can't wait for some car manufacturer to claim that hoosier a6's are street legal tires and use them for their ring times.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
I would try to make it a secondary car if I had the means.

Where I work there is multiple cameras on my Civic at all times and my driveway at home is right beside my house.
Not to derail the ring time thread but: I plan on installing a camera on the front of my house for the driveway and probably getting a shock/motion alarm for the car (possibly with a small backup battery specifically for it in case the main one is disconnected.)

As for the detuning: I doubt it has been detuned, but based on the pictures of the engine with the info card in front of it from another thread, it has plenty of room to improve in power. I'm just not sure what the stock turbo can handle. I'm hoping for a tune that nets about 350-370hp and close to the same or more ft-lbs.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow! Anyone else think Honda has detuned this car intentionally so that someone could break this record only to come out months later to destroy them?
Yes for sure. I'm not saying I can do this personally, but I would bet perhaps 60-120 hp additional is possible out of this engine in a factory deliverable package BUT it would probably require some traction management or serious boost limiting in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears.

Anyone looking to FlashPro this car should also look for the complimenting Honda Traction Control to help put power to pavement.

iamitman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 6 MT
Not to derail the ring time thread but: I plan on installing a camera on the front of my house for the driveway and probably getting a shock/motion alarm for the car (possibly with a small backup battery specifically for it in case the main one is disconnected.)

As for the detuning: I doubt it has been detuned, but based on the pictures of the engine with the info card in front of it from another thread, it has plenty of room to improve in power. I'm just not sure what the stock turbo can handle. I'm hoping for a tune that nets about 350-370hp and close to the same or more ft-lbs.
Check out the Ring Flood Light Camera!

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FOR parts, perhaps. Pretty difficult to steal a working car without the fob these days

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Impressive!

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's where I get to giggle at all the haters who's said "it will just barely beat the GTI," and "it will NEVER go 43 seconds around the ring." I believe that 43ish was my guess at one point. :spaz:

Can't wait until we see the 0-60 time so I can laugh at them again. :thumbsup:

Here's a quick grab of the Green Hell's top 100, CTR is just .9 behind the Z06.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Sets 7:43.80 FWD Nurburgring Record! [Video] IMG_8848.PNG

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Nice!

Was looking forward to this. I know the GTI Clubsport bested the original 9th gen record; but a minor reason for that were changes made to the track post the 9th gen CTR run (speed limits lifted in certain areas). So it wasn't really apples to apples.

Good to see the CTR back on top!

asiandeity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic SI, 2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When the 2015 Civic Type R's Nurburgring time was announced on March 3, 2015, the next day, Honda announced its price. Let's hope the case is the same with the 2017. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Last edited: