Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation IMG_2414.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation IMG_2415.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Reviews Compilation IMG_2416.PNG

@ronmcdon @omegaZ87 I think the difference between base and touring models would be headlights (no LED), sound system(amount of speakers), infotainment system(no Navigation), no red stripe on exterior aero and rims. Maybe other lil things but nothing that will drop the price significantly.I believe the base model is what was used to set the record at the Nurburgring, Just my .02.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
IMG_2414.PNG
IMG_2415.PNG
IMG_2416.PNG

@ronmcdon @omegaZ87 I think the difference between base and touring models would be headlights (no LED), sound system(amount of speakers), infotainment system(no Navigation), no red stripe on exterior aero and rims. Maybe other lil things but nothing that will drop the price significantly. Just my .02.
2k at most. Also unless the car was a strictly a track car, I wouldn't want my car that I'm paying 30grand to be barebones.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
So all the reviews from Europe seem to be unanimous. The car is more refined, more livable day-to-day, but still retains the ability to turn some serious laps at the track. Sounds perfect to me.

It'll be really interesting to see how the U.S.-based press reviews this car given the lack of a reference in the FK2.

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Last edited:

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
The 2017 "Touring" model we're getting is the "Base" model @ $33,900! What content could you take out to lower the price - AC, different wheels & tires, lesser radio, no android, ...?
The 2018 edition will likely replace "Touring" with "Base" and add "GT" with hopefully Honda Sensing (a MT version without low speed follow (see the Canadian version of the 2017 Si)), perhaps satellite Nav, ...
From what I've read on this forum 2017 CTR's sold will be touring models. For 2018 they will continue selling touring models and also offer base models. I personally don't see why they would add honda sensing to this type of vehicle

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
From what I've read on this forum 2017 CTR's sold will be touring models. For 2018 they will continue selling touring models and also offer base models. I personally don't see why they would add honda sensing to this type of vehicle
You're right - I've read the "sticker" a number of times and totally missed the Nav and LED headlights items.
I mentioned Honda Sensing because it is part of the Civic Sedan/Coupe/HB Touring equipment (along with CVT etc, etc).
I'd personally want Honda Sensing in the Si or CTR if we were to purchase one.

Last edited:

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
^ 12 am ET Thursday = 9 pm PT Wednesday
Yeah sorry. Not everyone lives in California.

EDIT: I was also thinking that was tonight. It's 12:01 am EST Thu? Damn. That sucks.

Last edited:

4DBox

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silver EXT, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Gawd that Autocar review was limp wristed, and the commenters come off as a pack of shivering poodles.

Hawnduhfanboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Im thinking price wise between base and touring to be similar to my 9th gen SI. i want to say it was about 2k for navi and climate control.
Sponsored