2017 Civic Type R press drive in June. Reviews arrive June 19!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We're happy to share some Civic Type R timing. The press drive launch event will be held the second week of June, in Montreal during the F1 race weekend.

Review embargo lifts on June 19.

CivicX will be in attendance and we'll have full coverage of the press launch, as well as our review :headbang:
Sponsored

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
We're happy to share some Civic Type R timing. The press drive launch event will be held the second week of June, in Montreal during the F1 race weekend.

CivicX will be in attendance and we'll have full coverage of the press launch, as well as our review :headbang:
Yay!! Some news! Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag

Thanks for the news! Guess it won't be coming to dealers before that date then! :(

Does worldwide launch in this case mean dealers will have it that week perhaps? That is literally the last few days of spring.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does worldwide launch in this case mean dealers will have it that week perhaps? That is literally the last few days of spring.
My guess, the CTRs will be on the ground for the launch event. June 19-21.

At least there is new information! Thanks for the update.

Could someone tell me about the embargo?

Last edited:

George

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Integra Type R (sold)
Country flag
Fantastic news! Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer than expected. I was already planning to drive up for the race, so having the R there is icing on the cake. I wonder how close they would let me get to it...

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I hope / (no I dont hope, I better) have mine by that date so I can do my review and launch it when all the big dogs launch they're reviews, only fair Honda!!

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
I hope / (no I dont hope, I better) have mine by that date so I can do my review and launch it when all the big dogs launch they're reviews, only fair Honda!!
I mean technically that's still "late spring" by about 3 days... :(

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I mean technically that's still "late spring" by about 3 days... :(
Now all Im going to have, are nightmares of me getting my car "fresh" off the truck June 23rd with 1000kms on the clock, the smell of Poutine and Montreal strippers, and a note from HPJ saying, "Thanks NorthernEX-T, shes broke in for you :thumbsup:"

:(

Coach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V KTuned
Country flag
All the more reason I'm going to wait for 2018's. You won't be able to take delivery before July and the 18's should be out within 6 months of that.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now all Im going to have, are nightmares of me getting my car "fresh" off the truck June 23rd with 1000kms on the clock, the smell of Poutine and Montreal strippers, and a note from HPJ saying, "Thanks NorthernEX-T, shes broke in for you :thumbsup:"

:(
hahaha lmfao!!!!!!!
made my day!
Sponsored