2017+ Civic Type R Ground Control coilover conversion

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Came across these while browsing online. SKU: GC-4545. I wonder what the spring rates are or if anyone already has them. The camber plates are what really caught my attention. Looking forward to see if anyone is going to order these, has them installed, and or can provide any additional info on them. Definitely looks interesting.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017+ Civic Type R Ground Control coilover conversion EA126132-E78E-4028-AB83-117CBF5E5281
Sponsored

nojeebs

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '15 GT3
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I remembering reading on the fb group that someone had purchased them. We'll see what the verdict is on these as I'm just waiting for someone the chime in on how to gain more negative camber besides what I've seen so far from the guide pin and the possible "flipping" of the bracket in the HA Sport Type R inspection video.

OP
OP
RedFK8

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
They use Eibach race springs so should be able to order them with whatever rates you want.
Question I’m wondering is what is the range of spring rates compatible with the oem shocks. I’d hate to blow them with a spring they’re not valved for. Guess we’ll find out. I wonder if they’ll sell just the camber plates too. :hmm:

OP
OP
RedFK8

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
they do sell the plates.. but only the front top portions.. at the price tag of $400.00

already checked with them
Might as well buy the full setup with all the stuff you have to do to get there to install. Thanks again for the info!!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Question I’m wondering is what is the range of spring rates compatible with the oem shocks. I’d hate to blow them with a spring they’re not valved for. Guess we’ll find out. I wonder if they’ll sell just the camber plates too. :hmm:
yeah. i'm personally not a huge fan of lowering plus stiffer rates on stock shocks. The regular eibach springs were very minor drop and not much difference in rates so I did it but if i had adjustable height, I'd be tempted to go lower lol.

OP
OP
RedFK8

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
yeah. i'm personally not a huge fan of lowering plus stiffer rates on stock shocks. The regular eibach springs were very minor drop and not much difference in rates so I did it but if i had adjustable height, I'd be tempted to go lower lol.
Same here I’d probably try and lower as far as they’ll go too lol. I wonder if there’s a height where the factory damper system freaks out and throws a light. Supposedly if you go too low the car won’t start or something like that. Not sure how true it is but I recall someone mentioning it somewhere here on the forums a while back.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Same here I’d probably try and lower as far as they’ll go too lol. I wonder if there’s a height where the factory damper system freaks out and throws a light. Supposedly if you go too low the car won’t start or something like that. Not sure how true it is but I recall someone mentioning it somewhere here on the forums a while back.
it was like 2" iirc. don't quote me on that though. Like you, I was mainly interested in the camber plates but I don't know if I want to take apart the front suspension again just for that lol.

OP
OP
RedFK8

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Is there enough space if you unbolt the oem top plates to droop the suspension low enough to swap it out?

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can answer some questions here, the entire front suspension has to be torn down to get dampers out initially. Once you swap to coilover setup and camber plates, you can then unbolt sway bar link, lower shock mounts, and remove camber plate to be able to remove damper and change springs.....makes it much easier. I have tested 12k (672lb), 14k (784lb), and 16k (896lb) and the 16k is far too much for stock dampers to control, 14k is good if you use R mode always, and 12k works well in all modes. I test same rate on all corners but will be running higher rear rates on the new Motorsport dampers once they are here, most likely 800lb front and 950lb rear. Another thing to not is due to the size of the stock lower spring perch you will only really be able to get about 2 degrees of camber without interference with the chassis, so be careful here. I have trimmed my stock lower spring perches for more clearance and am running 2.8 degrees but it is primarily only used for track. Also camber plates wont work with stock springs, not really enough room to adjust inside the top of the tower. I am currently on some custom prototype sleeves and my own Motorsport springs with helpers, and have not tested the Ground Control setup but i have trusted their work over the years, and have road raced many cars with their products. I did receive a set of their camber plates today to match my Motorsport 2-way dampers that will be ready soon.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
This car reminds me soooo much of my B13 SE-R. Next thing you know, we're all going to be doing Koni reds or yellow inserts in stock shock body w/ GC kits :thumbsup:

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can answer some questions here, the entire front suspension has to be torn down to get dampers out initially. Once you swap to coilover setup and camber plates, you can then unbolt sway bar link, lower shock mounts, and remove camber plate to be able to remove damper and change springs.....makes it much easier. I have tested 12k (672lb), 14k (784lb), and 16k (896lb) and the 16k is far too much for stock dampers to control, 14k is good if you use R mode always, and 12k works well in all modes. I test same rate on all corners but will be running higher rear rates on the new Motorsport dampers once they are here, most likely 800lb front and 950lb rear. Another thing to not is due to the size of the stock lower spring perch you will only really be able to get about 2 degrees of camber without interference with the chassis, so be careful here. I have trimmed my stock lower spring perches for more clearance and am running 2.8 degrees but it is primarily only used for track. Also camber plates wont work with stock springs, not really enough room to adjust inside the top of the tower. I am currently on some custom prototype sleeves and my own Motorsport springs with helpers, and have not tested the Ground Control setup but i have trusted their work over the years, and have road raced many cars with their products. I did receive a set of their camber plates today to match my Motorsport 2-way dampers that will be ready soon.
have you figured out the motion ratio to compare spring rate to wheel rate in the rear?

DarkSide34

First Name
özgür
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my17 fk8 Type r
Country flag
any updates for ground control?
anyone install gc to his type r?
Sponsored