2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal!

OP
OP
thedailyrey

thedailyrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Civic Si (SOLD), '08 Civic Si, '21 CTR
Country flag
How did the CTR sound? Couldn't really tell in the vid due to wind noise.

To be honest with you, I didn't hear the exhaust note very well in person. They didn't do a hard pull or anything like that - maybe because the driver saw me recording :dunno: lol

But yeah, I was at a stop light waiting to go straight when I see this car in my rear-view mirror with wicked LED lights. My initial impression was, "is it an Evo? No, it can't be - they don't have LED lights." Then the Type R passed and I was in shock:spaz:. It was in the left turn lane so I quickly switched to the left turn lane and the light turned green a couple seconds after. When I was following it, we hit another red light and that is when I was able to take the video.

Here's a picture I was able to screenshot from the video on my phone! This Civic Type R is going to be amazing!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal! Screenshot_20161110-222122

P4Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R Sonic Gray, 2018 Honda Accord EX-l 2.0 Turbo, 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1965 GMC Pickup, 2009 KTM Enduro 690R
It does 2 quick shifts in the video. Sounds more like a Ducal Clutch Transmission. One shift then the second shift is quickly after like using paddle shifters on a DCT.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
It does 2 quick shifts in the video. Sounds more like a Ducal Clutch Transmission. One shift then the second shift is quickly after like using paddle shifters on a DCT.
That's how smooth and quick Honda manual transmissions can be.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Woah. I noticed they've swapped out the gloss black trim surrounding and connecting the rear vents in the prototype for a body colored look. Much better.
I agree 100%, much much better! It's much more subdued which is def a good thing, dare I say not as obnoxious.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Woah. I noticed they've swapped out the gloss black trim surrounding and connecting the rear vents in the prototype for a body colored look. Much better.
I think they've just got it covered by the same white tape they've used to cover the badges. It's easier to see on the large pic. They even taped over the thin vertical vents on the far outsides of the bumper, so for sure that's not going to stay that way.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I think they've just got it covered by the same white tape they've used to cover the badges. It's easier to see on the large pic. They even taped over the thin vertical vents on the far outsides of the bumper, so for sure that's not going to stay that way.
You're probably right, I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
a dash cam would have been nice at a time like this to capture it:yes: and i would have followed it :rolleyes:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if WOP and Championship white has big noticeable difference?
Well im only going by how the previous Championship white looked on previous Type R's , but compared to other whites in honda's line, it should "POP" more (not sure how to phrase it, lol).

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well im only going by how the previous Championship white looked on previous Type R's , but compared to other whites in honda's line, it should "POP" more (not sure how to phrase it, lol).
Perhaps the whole car was actually wrapped, like the previously seen prototypes. If so, this car may not even be white at all.
Sponsored