2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal!

thedailyrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Civic Si (SOLD), '08 Civic Si, '21 CTR
Country flag
Hey CivicX members! Just want to share something with you guys today. I was on my way home and I managed see this unicorn near Honda Corporate headquarters in SoCal. Sorry for the jittery video, I was excited lol. But who wouldn't be? Enjoy!
Feel free to share the video!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal! 2017 Civic Type R Sighti

*Edited video for better horizontal viewing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Putting the clearer shot of the car on the first post
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal! 2i0sll4

Last edited:
OP
OP
thedailyrey

thedailyrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Civic Si (SOLD), '08 Civic Si, '21 CTR
Country flag
No Type R badging yet. The side air ducts makes it look super aggressive.
I actually thought there weren't badges at all, but I just took screenshot of the video and zoomed in on it a minute ago, and you can see that they covered the badging with white vinyl wrap. Won't do much for us enthusiasts because we already know what it is :thumbsup:

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I actually thought there weren't badges at all, but I just took screenshot of the video and zoomed in on it a minute ago, and you can see that they covered the badging with white vinyl wrap. Won't do much for us enthusiasts because we already know what it is :thumbsup:
On my phone and couldn't really tell. Looks like they got rid of that red center exhaust and the carbon fiber aero kit though.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Maybe this one might be at the LA Auto show next week.
Looks like the production car is pretty much done, but I have a feeling they'll still bring the prototype but show the interior. Too much risk to drive a show car in public when a big car show is just around the corner. Hope they under promise and over deliver.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my phone and couldn't really tell. Looks like they got rid of that red center exhaust and the carbon fiber aero kit though.
If you zoom in on the exhaust you can easily see it's still three ports.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey CivicX members! Just want to share something with you guys today. I posted a similar post on Temple of VTEC, but I'm sure you guys would want to see this as well. I was on my way home and I managed see this unicorn near Honda Corporate headquarters in SoCal. Sorry for the jittery video, I was excited lol. But who wouldn't be? Enjoy!
Feel free to share the video!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
How did the CTR sound? Couldn't really tell in the vid due to wind noise.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope, the aero kit is still there. I can't be certain about the center exhaust color.

It does appear to have a different line along the rear door, perhaps a set of vents for the rear wheels?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
Woah. I noticed they've swapped out the gloss black trim surrounding and connecting the rear vents in the prototype for a body colored look. Much better.
Sponsored