2017 Civic Si Summer Tire Replacement

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si Sedan, '23 Subaru BRZ Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As the title states I have a 17 Si and I have a single tire that has a leak in the top edge between the sidewall and treads. I had a shop plug it in but not expecting that to stay sealed so I'm looking for a replacement. The shop (Local mechanic, not a Honda dealership) said I can replace just the one as the car has less than 10k miles and the tires have even less as I have been swapping them out for winter tires/steel wheels between seasons.
Installed are the OEM Eagle F1s that are part of the summer performance package.

I'm looking to see what other people have moved to and recommend.
A few options I'm considering:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Falken&tireModel=Azenis+FK510
(price is really good as are the reviews but it seems almost too good to be true)

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+PS31&partnum=34WR8PS31XLV2

I've seen some recommend these as well.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+DZ102

Just looking for some feedback on anyone's experience.
Sponsored

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Do you like the Goodyears? if so, it would be cheaper to just replace 1 tire and move on.I run a different Falken (RT-615K) on my "fun" car and its a great warm weather tire. However, of the 3 you linked, I'd be partial to the Dunlop. Living in Binghampton, I'm surprised its warm enough for summer tires ;)

OP
OP
mjdecker

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you like the Goodyears? if so, it would be cheaper to just replace 1 tire and move on.I run a different Falken (RT-615K) on my "fun" car and its a great warm weather tire. However, of the 3 you linked, I'd be partial to the Dunlop. Living in Binghampton, I'm surprised its warm enough for summer tires ;)
I don't dislike the Goodyears but they're $200 each on tirerack so I'm just looking around for something that can deliver something similar/better that may be be cheaper. My main complaint about the Goodyears is they're pretty loud but I get that's a trade off for the low profile.

As for weather in Binghamton, we typically get a few months of weather that's in the 60-90 degree range. Yesterday was in the mid 80s.

OP
OP
mjdecker

mjdecker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ended up ordering two of the Dunlop Direzzas and will swap so they are up front and I'll have an extra Goodyear as a spare.

lamina74

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I would have recommended Hankook RS4, I had them on all year round on my TSX when I lived in Australia. Decent grip and wear in a temp range from 0-47c
Sponsored