2017 Civic Si press drives in May. Reviews come June 6.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We cannot get more specific for now, but almost everyone will be happy with the on-sale date of the Si, especially considering the guesses being made in this thread. :thumbsup:
Hmmm Admin, something tells me you may know more than just an on-sale date... ;)

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
The guy is probably driving the new Si right now!! Someone find out where he lives and send a drone to check it out.
Admin is probably the guy in the blue jeans at the initial 10th civic Si reveal that showed the car when the rear wheels were spinning.

Should I be blown away when they say it's ready in May?

And will anyone be happy with the horsepower figures?

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Should I be blown away when they say it's ready in May?
Not sure what would blow you away -- or why anyone should care :p, but May release would mean they have released it even earlier than they originally promised, which was "summer 2017".

And will anyone be happy with the horsepower figures?
Yes, and not just a few -- I bet those figures will satisfy a great many more people than are vocal on this forum (or even aware of its existence).

Last edited:

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I really disagree with you. If you're going to shit on Honda for what they're doing, then DON'T BUY A HONDA. There's no need to refer to a car like this as a POS. I know this car has a market, and that market will LOVE it. There's no way that with a platform like this, it won't be loads of fun. Yes-- it's disappointing it won't have loads of power. Yes-- it's disappointing because it won't be blindingly quick. But, it'll be inexpensive, reliable, and VERY fuel-efficient. Personally, I'll probably opt for the Si over the Type-R because it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper, and one fun car. There's no reason to be so negative about this, man. The Si is going to make a lot of people really happy, and just because you "hate" this "POS" doesn't mean Honda should cancel it and cater to you. I'm sure there are other cars you don't particularly like, and I'm sure you just ignore their existence like a sensible person does. If I were you, I would respect the engineering behind a car like that, and the intent to provide safe, reliable fun to consumers like us.

Go ahead and buy this 205hp 1.5 POS next month. Just don't kill yourself when this car gets sold for less than an used 15Si. lmao

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
Go ahead and buy this 205hp 1.5 POS next month. Just don't kill yourself when this car gets sold for less than an used 15Si. lmao
What makes this car a POS exactly? I can understand why one might be disappointed with the hp figure, but i can't imagine why it would be any worse than the 15 Si, or sell for less...

- its going to be faster
- its going to handle better
- it looks better
- its going to be a better daily driver, in addition to being faster

its just a flat out better car than any Si ever made before it...so....yeahhhh

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
Lol these 9th gen guys sound like the 8th gen guys in 2012-2015. They all hated the 9th gen.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What makes this car a POS exactly? I can understand why one might be disappointed with the hp figure, but i can't imagine why it would be any worse than the 15 Si, or sell for less...

- its going to be faster
- its going to handle better
- it looks better
- its going to be a better daily driver, in addition to being faster

its just a flat out better car than any Si ever made before it...so....yeahhhh

Well. Don't quote me for it . In a coupe weeks, actual selling price will be lower than an used 15Si. It will sit on the lot collecting dust. Huge discount can be found at the end of the year. So sad for those who buys a 17 MY in mid 17. Only to find out the car is 1 year old after a couple months.

AP2SLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Daily). 2006 NFR S2000 (Weekend Racer). 1992 Integra (SOLD). 2005 RSX Type-S (SOLD). 2002 Civic (SOLD)
Well. Don't quote me for it . In a coupe weeks, actual selling price will be lower than an used 15Si. It will sit on the lot collecting dust. Huge discount can be found at the end of the year. So sad for those who buys a 17 MY in mid 17. Only to find out the car is 1 year old after a couple months.
Are you trolling or do you actually believe yourself?

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find it funny how you guys keep on defending Honda. 10 gen Si is a disaster from dayone, little or no improvement on specs. It's 2017 not 1997. You have much better choices in the mid 20k range including used cars. Almost everycar is over 200hp nowadays, Honduh.
Sponsored