2017 Civic Si press drives in May. Reviews come June 6.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean if the reviews are only coming in June I don't expect to see it in June even.

Press drives and review dates don't control the release date of the car. The car could ship to dealers even sooner than that, who knows.
The only problem here is that most car reviews seem to come out at least a month before any car actually releases to the public, from what I have seen.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
The only problem here is that most car reviews seem to come out at least a month before any car actually releases to the public, from what I have seen.
That happens, but I've read several reviews that are published right around when the car goes on sale, sometimes later.

My memory is far from encyclopedic on these things, but I don't think Honda gives preview drives of preproduction cars. These reviews will be of production models, so my bet is the Si will be at dealers when we see the reviews, or very shortly thereafter.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
That happens, but I've read several reviews that are published right around when the car goes on sale, sometimes later.

My memory is far from encyclopedic on these things, but I don't think Honda gives preview drives of preproduction cars. These reviews will be of production models, so my bet is the Si will be at dealers when we see the reviews, or very shortly thereafter.
If we use the 2017 Hatchback reviews as in indication of what to expect, then the Si should hit dealer lots right around the time the reviews are in. Actually there are still new Hatchback reviews coming in even today.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Will Honda have tech specs/pricing details available? Or will that stuff be released after owners have taken delivery?
Yep. You gotta buy it before you are privy to such details!
"It's got 4 wheels and 6 forward gears! No more info for you!"

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
If we use the 2017 Hatchback reviews as in indication of what to expect, then the Si should hit dealer lots right around the time the reviews are in. Actually there are still new Hatchback reviews coming in even today.
I agree. Which means the Si will get about a 2-3 week head start over the CTR.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Yep someone in the media needs to grab onto this story of WTF is delaying this car and WTF is wrong with Honduh marketing.

I'm test driving the competition this weekend.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really hate this 1.5 POS holding up CTR now. Just cancel this car all together pls.
I really disagree with you. If you're going to shit on Honda for what they're doing, then DON'T BUY A HONDA. There's no need to refer to a car like this as a POS. I know this car has a market, and that market will LOVE it. There's no way that with a platform like this, it won't be loads of fun. Yes-- it's disappointing it won't have loads of power. Yes-- it's disappointing because it won't be blindingly quick. But, it'll be inexpensive, reliable, and VERY fuel-efficient. Personally, I'll probably opt for the Si over the Type-R because it'll be a hell of a lot cheaper, and one fun car. There's no reason to be so negative about this, man. The Si is going to make a lot of people really happy, and just because you "hate" this "POS" doesn't mean Honda should cancel it and cater to you. I'm sure there are other cars you don't particularly like, and I'm sure you just ignore their existence like a sensible person does. If I were you, I would respect the engineering behind a car like that, and the intent to provide safe, reliable fun to consumers like us.
Sponsored