Status
Not open for further replies.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Hi All. I recently traded in my 2017 Civic SI for a Type R and am selling my aftermarket parts. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

PRL Intercooler (approx. 7 months old) - $600 + shipping

PRL Cobra CAI (approx. 10 months old) - Street MAF - $300 + shipping

Morimoto Elite HID Kit w/ Ballasts and HD Relays (5500K) (approx. 11 months old) - $100 shipped

Alta Shifter Cable Lockdown (appox. 1 month old) - $50 shipped

OEM Civic SI Shifter Assembly (approx. 12 months old) - $30 Shipped

OEM Civic Coupe/SI Coupe Rubber Mats (4) (approx. 15 months old) - $85 + Shipping

OEM Type R Shift Knob and Flange Nut (Required for the Type R Knob to Fit) (used for 2 weeks) - $110 shipped

Injen Hydroshield (used for exactly 1 week) - $15 shipped, though I'd throw it in together with the CAI for $5.
Sponsored

Last edited:

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
Even with the mods you still feel the CTR is worth the extra (close to) $15k more?

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Even with the mods you still feel the CTR is worth the extra (close to) $15k more?
He only has a CAI and FMIC... don’t think that’s enough to even start building a bridge between the Si and R

bentran21

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I am interested in the Morimoto HID kit! Please PM me. I have no idea why, but it won't let me PM you.

helheim

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Interested in the Alta lockdown. Could you pm me? Having the same issue where I cannot pm

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't want to get too off topic, but yes, I do. I had the TSP Stage 1 tune with the mods listed above. The Type R feels very similar to the SI with the TSP Stage 1 (very linear), except that the slope of that line is much, much steeper. It also continues pulling to redline. Same thing with the handling. If the SI's handling is an 8, the Type R's is a 12.

Ultimately I didn't need a Type R - I wanted one. It was well within my budget, and I found a deal for MSRP on a '19. The rest is history.

EDIT: FWIW, the delta between the two cars was about $12K for me. I got my SI for about $1K under sticker and my Type R for sticker.

Last edited:
OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am interested in the Morimoto HID kit! Please PM me. I have no idea why, but it won't let me PM you.
I have received a prior inquiry for purchase, but will make sure to reach out by EOB tomorrow if it doesn't go through. Thank you for your interest.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
He only has a CAI and FMIC... don’t think that’s enough to even start building a bridge between the Si and R
Don't want to get too off topic, but yes, I do. I had the TSP Stage 1 tune with the mods listed above. The Type R feels very similar to the SI with the TSP Stage 1 (very linear), except that the slope of that line is much, much steeper. It also continues pulling to redline. Same thing with the handling. If the SI's handling is an 8, the Type R's is a 12.

Ultimately I didn't need a Type R - I wanted one. It was well within my budget, and I found a deal for MSRP on a '19. The rest is history.
Sorry for the hijack i should have PMd you. Thanks for the insight! It sounds like we are both in the same boat (except i have a 15 wrx). Glad you're happy with the R, enjoy! And it also sounds like the Si is a great car too.

aldo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not to get off topic on your sale, but thanks for the insight between the Si and Type R. I’m real happy with my 2018 Si Coupe. I think I’m gonna get the TSP Stage 1 tune for my Ktuner and call it a day. The Type R is real nice, and handles really well, but I’m a straight line racer and the Type R just doesn’t have the giddy up for that kind of racing. The TSP Stage 1 tune is also just another $80 and that fits a lot better in my budget.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not to get off topic on your sale, but thanks for the insight between the Si and Type R. I’m real happy with my 2018 Si Coupe. I think I’m gonna get the TSP Stage 1 tune for my Ktuner and call it a day. The Type R is real nice, and handles really well, but I’m a straight line racer and the Type R just doesn’t have the giddy up for that kind of racing. The TSP Stage 1 tune is also just another $80 and that fits a lot better in my budget.
Sounds good.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Intercooler pricing updated to $650 shipped. CAI still available.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Intercooler sale pending.
Sponsored

Status