2017 Civic Si on sale tomorrow, Saturday May 13! Starts at $23,900

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Wrangler, '03 Civic, '06 Mustang, '15 F150
You guys see anything for us Canadians yet? Wonder if they are going to be launching tomorrow as well ....
The build date is the 16th through the 20th. Being built in Ontario, so we should be getting spy photos from you all.
Sponsored

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Wrangler, '03 Civic, '06 Mustang, '15 F150
You guys see anything for us Canadians yet? Wonder if they are going to be launching tomorrow as well ....
The build date is the 16th through the 20th. Being built in Ontario, so we should be getting spy photos from you all.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Damn, this price is surprisingly good. Im still undecided between this or the BRZ. Have a strong history with Honda though, having owned the ITR and S2k.....so really leaning towards the Si, especially since its cheaper.
Get a used BRZ. Or better yet a 370z, or used

PowerOfDreams2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 CRX Si, 1994 Civic EX Sedan, 2016 HRV EX-L, 1998 Civic Hatch DX, 2017 Civic Type R #593
Country flag
Great news!! Seems like you get more bang for your buck. I'll be looking for these at my dealership. This is going to be a great year for Honda lol

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
This car is meant to be a fun daily driver that you can take to the track. Not a designated track car.
I know. The stock EX-T is a fun comfortable daily driver. I'm looking at getting a weekend sports car that I can occasionally drive at the track, weekends and drive to work every two weeks or just get a r6/r1. Unsure of what to get still. Definitely not a Civic Si, or TypeR don't want FWD.

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Glad I didn't! No CVT and saved over 5k OTD. Unless I can get a Si for 21800 including the destination charge only. For 27k OTD There are way better RWD platforms for less money to have for a fun weekend car in a manual.

I don't but restrict them to everyday drivers. Definitely not track cars. Just prefer RWD. It's what I've always tracked with before and love it! I can drive FWD on the track too just enjoy a good RWD and given the choice RWD.
CVT? That's what the other trims are for. No-one was expecting the Si to have CVT and no-one is upset that it doesn't except those who can't or don't want to drive stick...those people aren't part of the Si market anyway. And the whole RWD argument is irrelevant. Makes no sense.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why I waited for the si. They have always been affordable and the better bang for your buck than the base models.
Very true as long as you want a manual. If you want/need/prefer auto then IMO the EXT is the best bang for your buck in the base model range of trims, which is exactly why i got one! lol.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My first car was a manual Honda. The salesman showed me how to drive it on the test drive. By the next day I was fully proficient. It is so easy so don't be at all intimidated by it. It is pure joy to row your own gears and adds so much more to the driving experience. Also Honda's are perfect cars to learn on with their buttery smooth transmissions and easy light clutches.
I've heard that before, that the dealer will teach someone to drive manual if they think/know it'll net them a sale. My dealer is a really nice guy, i'm sure he'd be willing to teach me if it meant a future Si sale for him. Not sure HE knows how to drive manual though haha.

I've also always heard hondas are the best/easiest to learn on too. :) I've got time to learn, 2 more years on my EXT lease.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
CVT? That's what the other trims are for. No-one was expecting the Si to have CVT and no-one is upset that it doesn't except those who can't or don't want to drive stick...those people aren't part of the Si market anyway. And the whole RWD argument is irrelevant. Makes no sense.
Irrelevant to you Relevant to me.

I'm definitely not a Si or Type R buyer. AMG, ///M, E30, s2000, Sign me up!

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Irrelevant to you Relevant to me.

I'm definitely not a Si or Type R buyer. AMG, ///M, E30, s2000, Sign me up!
That would be like me going to an F-150 forum and explaining why I didn't want to buy one even though I have zero interest in purchasing one. That's the part I did not understand. Now i get it!

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
That would be like me going to an F-150 forum and explaining why I didn't want to buy one even though I have zero interest in purchasing one. That's the part I did not understand. Now i get it!
okay

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag

Honda official spec. stated that Coupe Si has Stroke 89.4mm ,different than Sedan Si Stroke 89.5mm :doh:.
Yes CRV engine is the same as Si and is 1498cc( not 1496)
Final Drive: 4.205 ( correct 4.105) There is not combination of any teeth
Displacement and stroke may be wrong, but i think the final drive is correct. They final drive gear are different part numbers for the SI and standard Civic's.