2017 Civic Si on sale tomorrow, Saturday May 13! Starts at $23,900

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Can we get that white ambient lighting on the hatchback? I have parts (console lighting, ambient light kit and illuminated sills) ordered from the dealer, but they're all red or blue (dealer doesn't know what color). The part numbers all have "-TEA-" in them. Honda USA's estore says they're blue illuminated. The dealership's parts department says they're red illuminated.
Sponsored

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
Typing mistakes .....

ENGINEERING Si Coupe Si Sedan
Engine Type In-Line 4-Cylinder with Single-Scroll MHI TD03 Turbo and Internal Wastegate In-Line 4-Cylinder with Single-Scroll MHI TD03 Turbo and Internal Wastegate
Boost Pressure 18.9 psi 18.9 psi
Displacement 1496 cc 1496 cc ( correct 1498 cc)
Horsepower (SAE net) 205 @ 5700 rpm 205 @ 5700 rpm
Torque (SAE net) 192 lb-ft @ 2100-5000 rpm 192 lb-ft @ 2100-5000 rpm
Redline 6500 rpm 6500 rpm
Bore and Stroke 73.0 mm / 89.4 mm 73.0 mm / 89.5 mm
Final Drive: 4.205 ( correct 4.105)
Are you factoring in the slight differences in the engine when compared to the other 1.5T Civics? They have stated it will be more similar to the CR-V variant, which has different shaped pistons and different stroke. Can't quite look up all the specifics at the moment, but those numbers may not be incorrect. (The CR-V engine already had the different displacement)

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
So right away I'm seeing 2.5PSI more boost and .3 less compression. Both match the CRV. Engine wise it's starting to feel like it's a CRV engine just tuned for 91oct. Maybe tweaked a bit to be a bit less bottom end grunt and a bit more top end.

Last edited:

sev1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Honda Accord V6 6sp
Country flag
Just buy new wheel! You know you want to anyway.
Are you factoring in the slight differences in the engine when compared to the other 1.5T Civics? They have stated it will be more similar to the CR-V variant, which has different shaped pistons and different stroke. Can't quite look up all the specifics at the moment, but those numbers may not be incorrect. (The CR-V engine already had the different displacement)
Yes I'm wondering why you think those are Typo's and not differences between cars. The Compression ratio is the same as the CR-V. Also, why do you think the final drive ratio is the same as the base Civic? I feel like these are correct numbers.

Edit: Checked the part numbers, the Final Drive gears are different between the Si and the Civic LX.

Last edited:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I don't want to hear people be butt hurt about buying their regular civics now because of the price they paid. I told y'all to wait. Glad I did! Hahaha.;):p:D I'm always telling people when the new Si's come out, for almost every generation, to wait for it cause the price will not be that much more, you get a much better package for the money. Some people just don't listen.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope my dealership will get one in white like this:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Si on sale tomorrow, Saturday May 13!  Starts at $23,900 Rgqm3Mw

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Meh, No CVT. Don't want a FWD manual car.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I don't want to hear people be butt hurt about buying their regular civics now because of the price they paid. I told y'all to wait. Glad I did! Hahaha.;):p:D I'm always telling people when the new Si's come out, for almost every generation, to wait for it cause the price will not be that much more, you get a much better package for the money. Some people just don't listen.
Glad I didn't! No CVT and saved over 5k OTD. Unless I can get a Si for 21800 including the destination charge only. For 27k OTD There are way better RWD platforms for less money to have for a fun weekend car in a manual.

:what: I don't get why so many people have issues with this....
I don't but restrict them to everyday drivers. Definitely not track cars. Just prefer RWD. It's what I've always tracked with before and love it! I can drive FWD on the track too just enjoy a good RWD and given the choice RWD.

Lume80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord sport
Country flag
Just talked to my dude here in Midwest, looks like it's still a couple weeks before they arrive on lots around here, but confirmed 2 white coupe Si's, 1 grey coupe, 2 black coupes...put my order in for White and ready to hit the mountain roads and pikes peak raceway in Southern Colorado in early Summah!!!

Joker33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Wrangler, '03 Civic, '06 Mustang, '15 F150
Yes!! Now to find out if there will be any on dealer lots in my area tomorrow...
The build dates for the initial SI's are the 16th through the 20th.

weird. I was just at a dealership yesterday for service/recall and while waiting for my car, asked the sales manager if he had a more solid date on incoming Si's - he didn't
Still no exact delivery date to the stores.

piatikantrop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Glad I didn't! No CVT and saved over 5k OTD. Unless I can get a Si for 21800 including the destination charge only. For 27k OTD There are way better RWD platforms for less money to have for a fun weekend car in a manual.

I don't but restrict them to everyday drivers. Definitely not track cars. Just prefer RWD. It's what I've always tracked with before and love it! I can drive FWD on the track too just enjoy a good RWD and given the choice RWD.
This car is meant to be a fun daily driver that you can take to the track. Not a designated track car.

sporting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fd1

Just buy new wheel! You know you want to anyway.

Yes I'm wondering why you think those are Typo's and not differences between cars. The Compression ratio is the same as the CR-V. Also, why do you think the final drive ratio is the same as the base Civic? I feel like these are correct numbers.

Edit: Checked the part numbers, the Final Drive gears are different between the Si and the Civic LX.
Honda official spec. stated that Coupe Si has Stroke 89.4mm ,different than Sedan Si Stroke 89.5mm :doh:.
Yes CRV engine is the same as Si and is 1498cc( not 1496)
Final Drive: 4.205 ( correct 4.105) There is not combination of any teeth
Sponsored