2017 Civic Si - Infotainment issue [Video]

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag

Headunit randomly reboots; This time it got stuck on a song playing from Spotify, Apple car play is stuck [phone was disconnected after the issue started] screen is flickering after 5 minutes a loud bang comes out of the speakers and it self-reboots.

Usually the speakers just emit a loud bang followed by the head-unit rebooting. So far this is the only issue I've had with the headunit on my SI. But it's a big one.

[admin] didn't notice I was in wrong forum. please feel free to move to aud/nav sub-forum. tnx
Sponsored

Last edited:

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
Since nobody has replied I'll put my 2 cents in

Try a different USB cable. Make sure it's a legit certified lightning cable.
If that doesn't work maybe you want to think about backing up your phone and doing a fresh iOS install.

If all else fails take it to the dealer. It's definitely glitching.

OP
OP
d1zguy

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I've done a factory reset.

OP
OP
d1zguy

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
let us know if you experience the problem again, thanks
Oh I've done one several times prior and it has still happened

ricky_vato

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Crosstour
Oh I've done one several times prior and it has still happened
Our radios are using an older Android operating system. That version is notorious for random booting, freezing, bluetooth and wifi fails. Why Honda is using the Android Kitkat verson is beyond me. Unless it was cheaper to do so. I have posted before about checking your system refresh time. Made sure it is a time you are not driving the car. System Refresh boots your radio even when the car is off to clear out system caches and junk files that the O.S. develops. The idea is to keep your system clean everyday.

There is a soft reboot and a hard reboot. The soft reboot is simply pressing on the power until you get a message to reboot. Since battery power is still connected, static memory is maintained. The glitch remains. A hard reboot is removing the battery cables, touching them together for a few seconds to clear out static menory and the radio will reboot from clean stored backup files overwriting system files and any corrupted ones giving you problems. This is what the dealership does. This method should fix your problem.

Android operating software has a bug in all versions. It is well documented. Some radios will not have many problems, others will. Even with Android computers, tablets, and phones, glitches, freezing, and lagging happens.
Sponsored

Last edited: