2017 Civic SI Flashing CEL

crysis93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex
Country flag
I just got my civic SI and love it so I tuned it with the ktuner v2 using the TSP Stage 1 map. I believe I was in OTF Map 2 and was trying a pull onto the highway in 3rd gear. Around 5k rpm right before I was going to shift the car threw a blinking CEL so I pulled off to the side. There was no throttle response and I was a bit panicked so I shut the car off immediately and turned it back on. The CEL was gone and the car drove like nothing ever happened besides a slight smell (didn't smell like burning). I did ride the car a bit on the way back but I didn't try anything crazy in 3rd gear. I should have read the code using the ktuner but in the midst of panic I wasn't really thinking about it. Is this something of concern? I bought the car used with under 15k miles.
Sponsored

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
A blinking CEL is a misfire code. Do not ignore this.

Flash the car to factory and have it inspected by the dealer, and tell them you experienced a P0300 code.

Injectors, coils, and plugs are common causes for P0300 codes, with injectors being a big problem you don't want to ignore.

OP
OP

crysis93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex
Country flag
A blinking CEL is a misfire code. Do not ignore this.

Flash the car to factory and have it inspected by the dealer, and tell them you experienced a P0300 code.

Injectors, coils, and plugs are common causes for P0300 codes, with injectors being a big problem you don't want to ignore.
Thanks, I did a few pulls the next day and didnt get the code again. However, today I ended up getting code p0172 while just cruising at 30mph. I can't clear it, it keeps coming back. I'm going to bring it to the dealer on Monday but should I be concerned about all this? Seems like I might have bought a lemon.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks, I did a few pulls the next day and didnt get the code again. However, today I ended up getting code p0172 while just cruising at 30mph. I can't clear it, it keeps coming back. I'm going to bring it to the dealer on Monday but should I be concerned about all this? Seems like I might have bought a lemon.
That code is for "intake air temperature too high". Do you have any other mods than the Ktuner? I'd do with the above suggested and flash back to stock, go to the dealer, and stay on the stock tune until you resolve this.

OP
OP

crysis93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex
Country flag
That code is for "intake air temperature too high". Do you have any other mods than the Ktuner? I'd do with the above suggested and flash back to stock, go to the dealer, and stay on the stock tune until you resolve this.
I'll flash back to stock ASAP. No mods besides ktuner. From what I read p0172 is Fuel System Too Rich Bank 1. I started to get a whole bunch of lights flashing like hold brake error, stability control, power steering, etc. I just scheduled the appoint for Monday, I'll post back with what they say.

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'll flash back to stock ASAP. No mods besides ktuner. From what I read p0172 is Fuel System Too Rich Bank 1. I started to get a whole bunch of lights flashing like hold brake error, stability control, power steering, etc. I just scheduled the appoint for Monday, I'll post back with what they say.
You're right, sorry. I read it as p0127. A rich condition makes more sense paired with the misfire. Keep us updated, good luck!

OP
OP

crysis93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Ex
Country flag
Just an update, I reached out to TSP yesterday to get their take on it. When I purchased the ktuner the previous owner already bought the TSP stage 1 maps so when he sent it to me he only included the race map. Well that tune is if you have the PRL cobra intake which I did not. I reached out to the previous owner and he supplied me with the proper file. I reflashed and everything looks good right now...drove for about an hour no CEL. I'm thinking that all my problems were related to having the wrong tune flashed. Another issue I had was when I would hit the gas I would get a a small jolt in RPMs before the car would pick up. I'm talking a crazy quick jolt that you could feel every time you would accelerate. That issue was also resolved with flashing the right tune. I'm going to cancel the appointment for the dealer but if I do run into another code I'll take it to them right away. Easy resolution and I appreciate everyone's input!

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
the error codes how do they look? only by connecting ktuner to the pc?

yesterday something similar happened to me, but it has no ecu error

I don't want it to be the maf curve modified in the last update

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
I'd like to know what happens next.

What did the dealer say?