BlackKnightSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hi guys,

I am interested in getting

MAPerformance Civic X 1.5T Catted Downpipe | 2017+ Honda Civic Si Street Downpipe
MAPerformance Front Pipe | 2016+ Honda Civic X 1.5T
[URL='https://www.maperformance.com/products/map-catback-exhaust-2017-honda-civic-si-coupe-hdax-cbe-cpe?variant=14411586535494']MAP Catback Exhaust | 2017+ Honda Civic Si Coupe w/Race Muffler
[/URL]

What I would like to know is what is the difference between:

"GESI CATTED" VS "CATTED"
"NEW TURBO GASKET" VS "WITHOUT"
"RAW' VS "CERAMIC BLACK"
"HEAT SHIELD" VS "NO SHIELD"

Will I need to flash the ECU to avoid warning lights?
Will it pass inspection in NY?

Thank you!
You help is appreciated!
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Hi guys,

I am interested in getting

MAPerformance Civic X 1.5T Catted Downpipe | 2017+ Honda Civic Si Street Downpipe
MAPerformance Front Pipe | 2016+ Honda Civic X 1.5T
MAP Catback Exhaust | 2017+ Honda Civic Si Coupe w/Race Muffler

What I would like to know is what is the difference between:

"GESI CATTED" VS "CATTED"
"NEW TURBO GASKET" VS "WITHOUT"
"RAW' VS "CERAMIC BLACK"
"HEAT SHIELD" VS "NO SHIELD"

Will I need to flash the ECU to avoid warning lights?
Will it pass inspection in NY?

Thank you!
You help is appreciated!
You’ll likely need to flash to avoid engine light, granted it may not go on for many miles.

Not sure about passing inspection. I think afe twisted steel downpipe Is the one you want if you want no engine light

Zinbhe

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have this setup, except with the street muffler. The GESI cat is rated for more flow so you should get it if you are going for crazy horsepower. Stick with the regular if you are just doing a few mods. The ceramic coating and heat shield tabs are just for heat management. It gets really hot there, so I went for it. The turbo gasket is just a replacement OEM gasket. I got it cuz I have a habit of always replacing metal gaskets from my work.

It will need a tune to run correctly, as you are significantly increasing the size of the exhaust, dropping the back pressure that is assumed to be there. You can request one for free from MAPerformance. I went with a local tuner, though.

I can't really speak to the inspections.

Edit: Also, if you are buying all 3 together, shoot them an email to see if they will offer you a package deal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlackKnightSi

BlackKnightSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have this setup, except with the street muffler. The GESI cat is rated for more flow so you should get it if you are going for crazy horsepower. Stick with the regular if you are just doing a few mods. The ceramic coating and heat shield tabs are just for heat management. It gets really hot there, so I went for it. The turbo gasket is just a replacement OEM gasket. I got it cuz I have a habit of always replacing metal gaskets from my work.

It will need a tune to run correctly, as you are significantly increasing the size of the exhaust, dropping the back pressure that is assumed to be there. You can request one for free from MAPerformance. I went with a local tuner, though.

I can't really speak to the inspections.

Edit: Also, if you are buying all 3 together, shoot them an email to see if they will offer you a package deal.
I appreciate all the information and your time.
Sponsored