2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Kinda bummed about this. Had I known a hatch was on the way I probably would have waited for it.
Dont be bummed... Im sure you got a really good deal on your car. When the hatch finally gets here there gonna want sticker or a little less.
Sponsored

spicycho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX sedan w/ sensing
Certainly a more aggressive look that either the Sedan or Coupe. Now we know that a black grill can be ordered from Honda and should fit on the Sedan or Coupe.
Intreresting, very interesting.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love the look, its just those huge unused vents though. hopefully the SI vents will be available to swap those out.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
I genuinely see the Lamborghini influence with the theme of angularity of the design. Assuming the vents remain on the Type R, what function could they have? I assume we see them on the NSX and Lamborghini's due to them being mid-engined and needing the extra cooling. I don't know much about aero, any theories?

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
From HPJ Facebook page.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics ima

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
I genuinely see the Lamborghini influence with the theme of angularity of the design. Assuming the vents remain on the Type R, what function could they have? I assume we see them on the NSX and Lamborghini's due to them being mid-engined and needing the extra cooling. I don't know much about aero, any theories?
Vents are sometimes added to sports cars to help reduce body lift at high speeds (I remember reading about this years ago where it was done on a z06 vette). So unless you're driving over 100MPH, they really serve no purpose. And fake ones just look ridiculous (at least make them real, Honda!)

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ugh.. I really hope they don't introduce a sport trim to the '17 sedan/coupe, and just add manual to the EX.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
Actually a lease is a terrible idea unless you like throwing money away. Hondas hold really good resale value. You could resale, pt and buy new over and over every 3 yrs for 2k-3k difference.
Well the car payment was 390 for 5 yrs and the lease was 220 so 170 goes along way when it comes to groceries and bills. I wish I could of bought it but atleast I get to drive it:drive:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Vents are sometimes added to sports cars to help reduce body lift at high speeds (I remember reading about this years ago where it was done on a z06 vette). So unless you're driving over 100MPH, they really serve no purpose. And fake ones just look ridiculous (at least make them real, Honda!)
Fake vents are not cool but I'm on the lookout for them now. Mercedes C class in my neighborhood has huge ones on the front bumper. My 2016 MDX has huge amounts of fake vent/grille out front and hidden tailpipes. I'm sure there are more.
Honda would actually be going against the normal if they reduce the grilles - not that it would be a bad thing.

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Fake vents are not cool but I'm on the lookout for them now. Mercedes C class in my neighborhood has huge ones on the front bumper. My 2016 MDX has huge amounts of fake vent/grille out front and hidden tailpipes. I'm sure there are more.
Honda would actually be going against the normal if they reduce the grilles - not that it would be a bad thing.
The new Lexus also has fake vents, no?

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have never leased before. The price was attractive but I could never bring myself to do it. I guess just sit down and do the math and see if the lease was fair.. down $$$$ + payment for 60months. Mileage allowance and penalty charge and option to buy. Estimated residual value. If it all pans out to invoice or less then your cool. :)

Well the car payment was 390 for 5 yrs and the lease was 220 so 170 goes along way when it comes to groceries and bills. I wish I could of bought it but atleast I get to drive it:drive:

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I would have to say the hatch looks a bit childish in a sense. I think the sedan looks a little more classy. This is my opinion..

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The new Lexus also has fake vents, no?
I think you're right. I am positive the new Corolla is like 80% black grille/vent/fake vent on the front bumper.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics upload_2016-8-3_8-52-0

Put in this context, the Civic is by far the better looking ride. My opinion.

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Don't really mind the look of the vents, actually think it looks pretty neat; but one thing that I know is going to suck for sure is cleaning them and hopefully they don't fade over time.

I can only hope the vents can be popped out for a more thorough cleaning or replacement.

I hate cleaning black plastic trim with that honeycomb design, it's hard to dry and if you use a dressing you need to use a brush to apply but if you miss spots it looks bootleg.