2017 Civic Hatchback U.S. Model Lineup Revealed, Including Sport Model

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I don't know what to make of this yet... could 'Sport' mean '6MT?' Could it mean paddle shifters on CVT's? Even better, could the Sport be the recipient of this high-output 1.5T that we DO NOT WANT in the Si? If so, this would actually be awesome!
They might tweak the exhaust or intake for a handful of horsepower on the "Sport" models (a la the Accord Sport), but I wouldn't expect anything dramatic.
Sponsored

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From HPJ Facebook page.

image.jpeg
Interesting to read HPJ's response to a comment.

Remember that this is a post exclusively about the hatch trims, all of the comments relate to hatch, and that HPJ has enough inside info to post this image of the order sheet.

Therefore, when one commentator lamented the lack of an Si in the list and HPJ responds "Si is coming", I consider that very strong evidence in favor of an Si hatch.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Interesting to read HPJ's response to a comment.

Remember that this is a post exclusively about the hatch trims, all of the comments relate to hatch, and that HPJ has enough inside info to post this image of the order sheet.

Therefore, when one commentator lamented the lack of an Si in the list and HPJ responds "Si is coming", I consider that very strong evidence in favor of an Si hatch.
I think HPJ also said the hatch was only coming turbo...meaning even the LX would be turbo.

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think HPJ also said the hatch was only coming turbo...meaning even the LX would be turbo.
@09CivicSiBrian - yep, the hatch will only come with the 1.5T.

The Si hatch will come with a 2.0T.

Perhaps I should check what the odds in Vegas are on these predictions? ;)

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I hope they discuss these at the Paris Auto Show, which is the first week of October.
Magazines indicate the TypeR will be unveiled in Paris...

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
I wonder why there are 2 Sport trims.
One will have cloth interior with limited features and the other will be loaded with leather seats and better stereo etc..... The Accord is sold just like this......will be interesting to see if they put a moonroof in the lower model. My biggest gripe about the Accord is the lack of moonroof on the Sport models. Will not buy a car without a moonroof.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I can't wait for dealers to actually start getting the hatches so I can go see one in person. The pictures are growing on me but seeing it IRL will be the real test

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My local dealer (last time i was in was a few months ago when i was helping my sister get her first new car) was building a huge rotating platform, i asked if it was for the Type R/hatch and they said yes. Seems like dealerships are pretty excited to be getting these cars as much as customers are. I'm dead set on the coupe (though the recent pics of the hatch are tempting) either an EXT or Si coupe (if the Si decides to adopt an auto option). But depending on how the features are mapped out on the hatch, i might look pretty seriously at the hatch as it's supposed to be even shorter in length than the coupe is i believe.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
I
Any chance we'll see a model equipped with a manual and sensing? I can't give sensing up because of my commute, but really miss shifting.
Idk if it was said already, but is it even possible for a 6MT to have sensing? If ACC was engaged in 6th gear, and the car ahead speeds up, how will it downshift to smoothly accelerate? And if the collision mitigation stepped in, how would it disengage the clutch to prevent stalling? I'd like to think that it would have sensing, but that's some serious electronic r&d they would've had to do...

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
One will have cloth interior with limited features and the other will be loaded with leather seats and better stereo etc..... The Accord is sold just like this......will be interesting to see if they put a moonroof in the lower model. My biggest gripe about the Accord is the lack of moonroof on the Sport models. Will not buy a car without a moonroof.
In Canada the Accord Sport does come with the moonroof. It'll be interesting to see what Honda Canada decides to include in the Hatchback trims.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I
Idk if it was said already, but is it even possible for a 6MT to have sensing? If ACC was engaged in 6th gear, and the car ahead speeds up, how will it downshift to smoothly accelerate? And if the collision mitigation stepped in, how would it disengage the clutch to prevent stalling? I'd like to think that it would have sensing, but that's some serious electronic r&d they would've had to do...
It won't downshift. No different than if you hit the "cruise resume" on a car with a manual transmission, it accelerates without downshifting. Other cars have ACC and manual transmissions, surely Honda can figure it out too.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In Canada the Accord Sport does come with the moonroof. It'll be interesting to see what Honda Canada decides to include in the Hatchback trims.
Why are Canadian and US trims so different, anyone know? Our Northern friends always get more content :cry:

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
I was always puzzled by that. Even the new 2017 "sport special edition" now has full leather seats, LED runners, and fog lights, but still uses a key, still base infotainment system, and no sunroof. Plus the CVT with "paddle shifters" isn't as sporty as a 6AT with paddles from the V6 touring. Unless Honda I'd desperately trying not to step on the toes of the EX...

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
G
Why are Canadian and US trims so different, anyone know? Our Northern friends always get more content :cry:
Good question.....I live in Michigan and perhaps need to figure out a way to smuggle the good stuff south of the border!

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It won't downshift. No different than if you hit the "cruise resume" on a car with a manual transmission, it accelerates without downshifting. Other cars have ACC and manual transmissions, surely Honda can figure it out too.
They don't want to omit the low speed follow feature on ACC with 6MT and they won't R&D a system without it to bother so...
Because Honda likes Canada more but we pay an arm and a leg for our cars. Accord Sport has 7 speaker audio system, dual screens with Apple Carplay, moonroof and turn signals in the mirrors. We can also get a Touring I4 with 6MT. Pilot and Ridgeline Touring models (no elites in Canada) get power folding mirrors, heated windshields. Bunch of cool shit and desirable combos up north.
Sponsored