2017 Civic Hatchback U.S. Model Lineup Revealed, Including Sport Model

hatchbackguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
I'm curious to know if the hatchback will follow the pattern of the sedan or the coupe for its audio system. The coupe has the 10 speaker premium audio system in the EX-T and above, while it is only in the Touring level of the sedan.

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Heres my take at this....

The regular models (LX, EX, EXL) will have a more tame look. Think of it as looking like the current Civic sedans, but in hatch form of course. Then you have the Civic Hatch Sport and Sport Touring which will receive a more aggressive look with bigger front grilles and a black grille trim along with a more aggressive rear fascia.
A lineup like this would mirror that of the Accord where the EX, LX, and EXL receive tamer looks while the Sport and Touring models receive the more aggressive front and rear fascias.

There is one thing that would invalidate this though. From the recent photo of the Civic hatchbacks on the delivery truck it seems that the blue and white models receive the more aggressive front and rear fascia treatment however the wheels on the blue and white hatchback come from the EXL model.

Whatever Honda does, the Civic Hatchback is a good looking car.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Sport merely means it will have the 1.5 T most likely. The way it's listed is a bit confusing sense they have duplicate descriptions.
What other motor would it have? It's already been stated by Honda that the hatch will not have the NA 2.0L

OKMrazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Accord LX V6
Sport merely means it will have the 1.5 T most likely. The way it's listed is a bit confusing sense they have duplicate descriptions.
All hatches are 1.5T.

The duplicate descriptions likely reflect 6MT vs CVT, as both the LX and Sport have previously been cited as the trim levels to get MT while in this list both the LX and Sport have two entries.

What I really want is the detailed description of the Sport - I can guess larger rims and fogs but otherwise...? I don't care about leather seats / infotainment / sensing, but do want moonroof / push-button start / leather at the "touchy" places (knob, steering wheel, armrests). I'll probably have to sacrifice some of those, though.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The difference in the sport trims might be a mix of cosmetic changes (black grill, wheels, etc) along with slight suspension tuning, like the sedan versus the coupe tuning which isn't drastic but just barely noticeable, they have a tuned version for people who want a sportier ride and the regular one is closer to the sedan tuning for a more comfortable ride.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
According to this article, i conclude with confidence that the LX and the Sport will be the only trims offering a manual transmission. The very first letter we see as a whole is G and H. G represents vehicles with a 5 DR, 6 speed MT arrangement, whereas the H refers specifically to a 5 DR variant, with a CVT. Most things seem to line up with the next digit (2,3,4,6,7, and 8) representing the trim level. After that is where it falls apart: The H is supposed to represent 2017, but there is supposed to be a check digit between the trim number and the H according to the breakdown, but that's not listed here probably because it relates to each individual car instead of meaning something specific. EW, JW, and KNW is where the manufacturing plant is supposed to be, but those that are on the list are only represented with a single letter, none of which are listed in the above list.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think i saw somewhere maybe even here that the hatch is going to have more horse power. So maybe it is going to be a higher output 1.5 turbo. If the hatch has over 200 horsepower and has better acceleration and looks really good I may trade this is and give the hatch a try.

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
I think i saw somewhere maybe even here that the hatch is going to have more horse power. So maybe it is going to be a higher output 1.5 turbo. If the hatch has over 200 horsepower and has better acceleration and looks really good I may trade this is and give the hatch a try.
Keep in mind that the hatch will also be heaver than the sedan and coupe.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What other motor would it have? It's already been stated by Honda that the hatch will not have the NA 2.0L
I stand corrected! Even better, but don't forget weight makes all the difference in the world. It's possible they can up the numbers for the 1.5t just to meet the same performance as the coupe/sedan

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I stand corrected! Even better, but don't forget weight makes all the difference in the world. It's possible they can up the numbers for the 1.5t just to meet the same performance as the coupe/sedan
And that would settle some of the CVT performance debates if they do so.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My take, ranked by dealer invoice:
1. Civic Hatch LX: Same as the Sedan LX but with the 1.5. 6MT
2. Civic Hatch Sport: Same as the LX but with Si black grill, wheels, foglights, and a few interior trim pieces. 6MT
3. Civic Hatch LX: Same as base LX. CVT.
4. Civic Hatch LX Sense: Same as above with HondaSense. CVT.
5. Civic Hatch Sport: Same as the base Sport. CVT.
6. Civic Hatch EX: Same as other EX-T trims. CVT.
7. Civic Hatch EX Sense: Same as above with HondaSense. CVT.
8. Civic Hatch EX-L Navi: Same as other EX-L trims. CVT.
9. Civic Hatch EX-L Navi & Sense: Same with HondaSense. CVT.
10. Civic Hatch Sport Touring: Same as other Touring trims with Si exterior/interior bits. CVT.

Other insights:
- No Si Hatch (most suspected this anyway).
- Same 174 HP 1.5 across all trims (Sans CTR).
Knowing how Honda packages things, you're probably fairly close to being correct. There was a small part of me hoping they'd offer an EX-L 6MT though...

DavidJBrooks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord Sedan 6-6, 2008 Honda Pilot
Country flag
My take, ranked by dealer invoice:
1. Civic Hatch LX: Same as the Sedan LX but with the 1.5. 6MT
2. Civic Hatch Sport: Same as the LX but with Si black grill, wheels, foglights, and a few interior trim pieces. 6MT
3. Civic Hatch LX: Same as base LX. CVT.
4. Civic Hatch LX Sense: Same as above with HondaSense. CVT.
5. Civic Hatch Sport: Same as the base Sport. CVT.
6. Civic Hatch EX: Same as other EX-T trims. CVT.
7. Civic Hatch EX Sense: Same as above with HondaSense. CVT.
8. Civic Hatch EX-L Navi: Same as other EX-L trims. CVT.
9. Civic Hatch EX-L Navi & Sense: Same with HondaSense. CVT.
10. Civic Hatch Sport Touring: Same as other Touring trims with Si exterior/interior bits. CVT.

Other insights:
- No Si Hatch (most suspected this anyway).
- Same 174 HP 1.5 across all trims (Sans CTR).
I was just about to post that this is huge evidence in favor of an Si hatch.

If Honda follows form, I wouldn't expect the Si to show up on an order list for the hatch, as it is a different model. Same as the Si sedan and Si coupe.

Also note in the screen shot that this list looks to be "filtered" by motor to only include 1.5T. For all we know, if we clicked on that we might see a 2.0T selection which would list the Si if indeed it were going to be listed with the other hatch models.

Lack of 6MT in anything above "Sport" just screams, "if you want the stick with a sunroof and other goodies, pony up for the Si."

I do agree with the rest of this, tho - like other folks said, they're using "Sport" in the loose sense they used with the Accord Sport - mid-range trim with an 6MT.
Sponsored

Last edited: