2017 Civic Hatchback Stock with Window Tint Already?

Sandman210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking to tint the windows of my 2017 Civic hatch ST to 35% but from the looks of it the rear windows already have tint. I am fairly certain this was not done at the dealership.(since I am sure they would added a cost associated with it)

Does anyone know the percentage of the OEM tint on the rear windows on a stock 2017 civic hatch?

Thanks
Sponsored

Flyingpiggie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
Country flag
If i am not mistaken it should be 30%. I can be wrong tho. Do you have a picture of your car?

OP
OP

Sandman210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Thanks guys, I can take another look but I do not see any percentage of tint stamped on my rear windows. I can take a picture of the rear windows sometime this weekend. I just find it odd that I do not see the rear window tint anywhere in the documentation. It could mess with a persons decision to tint their windows and still be above the legal limit.

OP
OP

Sandman210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys here are the pics of my driver side and passenger side windows. Pretty clear that there is OEM tint on the rear windows.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback Stock with Window Tint Already? Hatch_Front_Window

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback Stock with Window Tint Already? Hatch_Rear_Window

Flyingpiggie

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
Country flag
It really depends on what state you're in. Some states don't allow any front driver and passenger side tint but you can do whatever you want in the rear like california but ive dealerships still sell cars with front tint. But for the most part your tint should be fine as long as you dont park at downtown los angeles or something!

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
I believe factory front's are 70%. At least that's the law here in NY.
Sponsored