2017 Civic Hatchback LX with stock radio - play button does not play

htv2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
After connecting my iPhone to the radio via USB cable, I see the display changed to display the song's title. Pressing the "Play" button does not play it. I have to turn on my phone, open iTunes, and press the play button in my phone in order to play a song.

Pressing the "pause" button on the radio does pause the audio, but then again, I have to press play from the phone to resume. I have tried to press pause twice with hope that the second press will resume, but it does not.

Is it a problem with my audio system?
Sponsored

OP
OP

htv2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Overall, I think the stock radio sucks when it comes to playing media on my iPhone. For example, in a couple of occasions, I played podcasts from the Downcast app and did not get any sound. I tried to unplug then replug the USB cable a couple of times without avail. Finally, I opened the music app, hit play and it got sound. Then, switching back to Downcast and this time I can get sound out of it.

Before purchasing the car, I did not intend to replace the stock radio, but if this keeps happening, I will.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use the USB hook up with my iphone and usually it starts up with no problems, once in awhile it will flash "bad usb connection and refers you to the owner's manual. Usually by restarting the car, it will clear up. Try pushing the media button sometimes it might be starting on the wrong source. I have discovered the fast forward and backward buttons below the volume knob works quite well if I want to skip or repeat a song or two or more. Sometimes when I play a music video, it pauses on its own and I have to hit the play button on the iphone.
Sponsored