cscook

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
So I recently upgraded the head unit in my 2017 Civic LX Hatchback 6MT to the Sony XAV-AX100, with the XSVI-1731-NAV data interface, and the ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface.

After reading some threads here I was able to get the illumination and rear view camera all working properly, however I am not having as much luck with the ASWC-1.

I let the ASWC-1 do the auto-configuration (after updating to the latest firmware), and basically none of the buttons worked. Based on the LED flashes it recognizes that the correct wires are connected, and that the headunit is Sony.

I then tried to do custom steering wheel controls programming through the headunit, but could only get at most 3 or 4 buttons programmed out of the 8.

Last, I attempted to manual program the ASWC-1, and had some success with that. All of the buttons work except for the "on hook" and "off hook" phone buttons. However I can press the "push to talk" button to answer a call or to end a call. So now I have all of the functionality of the steering wheel controls, however two of the buttons aren't technically working.

I can live with the setup as it is now, but I would prefer for all the buttons to do their intended task if possible, so I figured I would check here to see if anyone had a similar issue or any guidance.

Am I missing something or is there something else worth trying to get the "on hook" and "off hook" buttons working?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsored

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
I recall having an issue with 2 buttons as well. I'l have to see of it was those. Like you, I said I can live without it.

Sweemanz

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback
So I recently upgraded the head unit in my 2017 Civic LX Hatchback 6MT to the Sony XAV-AX100, with the XSVI-1731-NAV data interface, and the ASWC-1 steering wheel control interface.

After reading some threads here I was able to get the illumination and rear view camera all working properly, however I am not having as much luck with the ASWC-1.

I let the ASWC-1 do the auto-configuration (after updating to the latest firmware), and basically none of the buttons worked. Based on the LED flashes it recognizes that the correct wires are connected, and that the headunit is Sony.

I then tried to do custom steering wheel controls programming through the headunit, but could only get at most 3 or 4 buttons programmed out of the 8.

Last, I attempted to manual program the ASWC-1, and had some success with that. All of the buttons work except for the "on hook" and "off hook" phone buttons. However I can press the "push to talk" button to answer a call or to end a call. So now I have all of the functionality of the steering wheel controls, however two of the buttons aren't technically working.

I can live with the setup as it is now, but I would prefer for all the buttons to do their intended task if possible, so I figured I would check here to see if anyone had a similar issue or any guidance.

Am I missing something or is there something else worth trying to get the "on hook" and "off hook" buttons working?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
So I had a similar issue with auto program where only the volume down button, and source button worked. The com wires were backwards to the ASWC. After I got the wires swapped then all but two buttons worked correctly. I think my phone pickup button was the push to talk button and the push to talk didn't work. Anyways, triple read the instructions for the manual programming because it is confusing and really easy to miss a step. After I did the manual programming it all worked. I'm using a pioneer head unit. They say not all radios will retain the PTT feature.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback LX ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Controls 10.PNG
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback LX ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Controls 11.PNG

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Make sure your ASWC-1 has the latest firmware on it. We’ve had to get rid of old ones before that would not accept the latest firmware.

arhncmh

It's not my fault, really.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan CVT
Country flag
FWIW, I recently went through this same process while installing a Pioneer AVH-2330NEX in my 2017 LX Sedan. I had the same issues with the ASWC-1 whereby it would not auto-program correctly but would recognize my stereo (as indicated by the number of times the LED flashed).

Note: I did make sure the unit had the most up to date firmware. I flashed it to current using the Axxess Updater and connected via USB to my home computer.

The final solution was achieved for me via phone call to the Axxess support tech line. They ran me through the steps provided above to get the volume, track, and source buttons right.

At the end of the call I specifically asked about the on/off hook and push to talk buttons. The tech stated "yeah, um, those buttons aren't supported right now for your vehicle".

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
I have a related question that I posted in another thread. I'm guessing you've tried this OP? Or is it different in the AX100 vs AX5000?

Thia might be a dumb question, but do you still need the AWSC-1 if your head unit can reprogram the steering wheel buttons? I'm thinking about getting the Sony XAV AX5000 and the guy in the video below seems to be able to customize the steering wheel buttons in his Jeep. Not sure if it's any different in our Civics.

Mixmaster213

First Name
JoeCool
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 civic sedan ex, 99 civic coupe dx, 2000 civic si, 2019 corolla SE, 2019 civic sedan LX, 2018 CRV special edition
Country flag
Ok here is the install for 2019 Civic LX Sedan (Made in Canada)

On harness u will be using

Red - Acc
Black- Ground

Blue/Pink- Can-Lo
Pink- Can-Hi

On Honda Harness wires will meter 2.5 volts. This will help determine what wires are what because my prewired plug didn’t work for the ASWC-1 unit. I had to wire in manually. The prewired plug also doesn’t bring blue/pink and pink, from 2016 - up harness. So I went by process of elimination/ cross reference 12v constant, switch, speakers ect. Then I was left with 4 wires. One of the 4 did meter 12v- 13v. Left that alone. Then there was 3.

I’ll post pictures of my research and findings. After I wired up it worked. If this helps you, you are very WELCOME!

BTW: I did update the unit with micro usb on computer with Axxess Updater. Simple google search gets y the app. Install, open app then close. After that plug device wait till computer dings to let u know it found the device. Wait a little bit more, then re open the app. On lower left side u will c stuff loading up, make sure u are online. If u don’t see anything loading up close app and re open.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback LX ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Controls 5A36852D-F2E9-426B-86E8-1E7ED567F8F1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback LX ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Controls 97768D68-91C7-4CBE-88F9-62D6C1C1A1C6

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback LX ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Controls 9A492632-4F8F-4676-8A34-6502372F667C

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

Red - Acc
Black- Ground

Blue/Pink- Can-Lo
Pink- Can-Hi

On Honda Harness wires will meter 2.5 volts. This will help determine what wires are what because my prewired plug didn’t work for the ASWC-1 unit. I had to wire in manually. The prewired plug also doesn’t bring blue/pink and pink, from 2016 - up harness. So I went by process of elimination/ cross reference 12v constant, switch, speakers ect. Then I was left with 4 wires. One of the 4 did meter 12v- 13v. Left that alone. Then there was 3.
I’ll post pictures of my research and findings. After I wired up it worked. If this helps you, you are very WELCOME!

BTW: I did update the unit with micro usb on computer with Axxess Updater. Simple google search gets y the app. Install, open app then close. After that plug device wait till computer dings to let u know it found the device. Wait a little bit more, then re open the app. On lower left side u will c stuff loading up, make sure u are online. If u don’t see anything loading up close app and re open.

5A36852D-F2E9-426B-86E8-1E7ED567F8F1.jpeg

97768D68-91C7-4CBE-88F9-62D6C1C1A1C6.png

9A492632-4F8F-4676-8A34-6502372F667C.jpeg
From the picture 12v will either be constant or accessory, accessory only being 12 when on. Speed pulse is an MUX wire which means variable voltage. Can high and can low will always add up to 5v, with the high reading a higher voltage but both should add up to 5. Good job!

n8systems

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX 2.0L
Country flag

Red - Acc
Black- Ground

Blue/Pink- Can-Lo
Pink- Can-Hi

5A36852D-F2E9-426B-86E8-1E7ED567F8F1.jpeg

97768D68-91C7-4CBE-88F9-62D6C1C1A1C6.png

9A492632-4F8F-4676-8A34-6502372F667C.jpeg
https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AXVI-1731
is this the adapter you used?