BLP3 MOTORS
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic hatchback EX
Hey guy,
Phil here with BLP3 Motors on youtube. On my channel we are modding my car and test driving/reviewing cars. I have been looking for things to do to my civic for me and for the channel and there are such limited options. I cannot decided between Ktuner of Hondata for the reflash. I am going with the PRL Front/downpipe catless, will be doing PRL intercooler just to keep it uniform.

I really want to invest into making my civic look different and stand out as well. i have seen no decent dual exhaust that is aggressive for the car, they are all for the sport/touring models. There is practically no body kits available either. No custom headlights, no custom taillights and limited spoiler choices.

I am trying to map out my route for the car and the channel. May end with a carbon fiber hood but at the end i want a unique hatchback with 250 hp at the wheels and not kill the cvt haha.

If you guys are doing anything crazy or see anything crazy for me to do the civic or want to correct me please drop links to where i can go to get everything. Also if you want to stop by the channel and show some love that would be awesome too! Stay awesome friends https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv3Lkh_MPJP22lhXxDCt4lQ
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback EX CVT is getting no love 1111
Sponsored

AegeanKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T
The 10th gen doesn’t have too big of a marketplace because it’s still very young. Not a lot of people will want to void their warranties as well. I imagine they’re just as reliable as any previous civic but once a good amount of the warranties expire and more people have their hands on a civic you might see an expansion in more aftermarket parts.

As for your plan for 250hp at the wheels...it’s certainly doable. You’ll need a good amount of upgrades along with a Hondata tuner to reach that. However, I’m really not certain that the CVT can handle that much torque. Hondata tested a Civic on the track for a while with their tune, but I believe their numbers where in the low 200’s. They showed the CVT belt for both the track tested tune which was fine, and one where it was boosted even further and the belt started to slip and score the elements and pulley.

I would say your best bet is to look for a modest power increase and focus on handling and suspension.

I like to strike a good balance between function and form, so it’s up to you on what you want to do cosmetically. There’s plenty of options out there, I believe there’s a type R kit for the hatch, sedan, and coupe models. Whatever your style is really.

Best of luck on your build!

Last edited:

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As mentioned above the car is still young, but have tons of projects in the works.

OP
OP
hondanoob87

hondanoob87

BLP3 MOTORS
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
i think i would be okay with Gti performance but i am hoping to at least be in the 220 hp realm. I really want a decent exhaust for the hatchback. i have 2 bolt ons for the looks and just the other day i started laughing at myself for doing it. I want the looks and some sound!. i am going to play around with plasti dip i am sure for like badges, wheels and for now the hood. Its just now that the si is out unless your have a sport or sport touring there is just not as much for the Ex hatchback. i really do appreciate you replying to my post

OP
OP
hondanoob87

hondanoob87

BLP3 MOTORS
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
As mentioned above the car is still young, but have tons of projects in the works.
with my car being a commuter in my first year i put 25k right now i am at 26 and reaching the realm where ill blow past the warranties. my big deal is the cvt. i wish there was a way to modify the timing on that or just do a swap for that 10 speed accord cvt

Mister2kris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in the same boat... Let me know if you find anything cool hehehe.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback EX CVT is getting no love thumbnail

OP
OP
hondanoob87

hondanoob87

BLP3 MOTORS
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat... Let me know if you find anything cool hehehe.

thumbnail.jpg
Bro those are some sick rims!!! where did you get them? also is that like a gun metal grey??

Mister2kris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bro those are some sick rims!!! where did you get them? also is that like a gun metal grey??
Thanks for the compliment! The rims are TSW Holeshot's in gunmetal :). I got'em from Gene @Wheel Warehouse. Super cool company down here in Southern California. Gene has a Civic as well so he knows his wheels :).

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I came across this video today that was pretty interesting.

CAI are a waste of money @ 5:38.

I agree with the coilovers and tires as being great starter mods, but CAI a waste?

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
I came across this video today that was pretty interesting.

CAI are a waste of money @ 5:38.

I agree with the coilovers and tires as being great starter mods, but CAI a waste?
Yeah, the gains are at best negligible. I was told by a extremely reputable tuner that "intakes don't do anything", especially for FI.

OP
OP
hondanoob87

hondanoob87

BLP3 MOTORS
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, the gains are at best negligible. I was told by a extremely reputable tuner that "intakes don't do anything", especially for FI.
If that’s the case I may wait on the cold air intake. I think though I’d still want a more efficient intercooler though.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
If that’s the case I may wait on the cold air intake. I think though I’d still want a more efficient intercooler though.
Sure. Also if you are looking for big gains Si rods may be required in order to create a base to build on.

OP
OP
hondanoob87

hondanoob87

BLP3 MOTORS
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sure. Also if you are looking for big gains Si rods may be required in order to create a base to build on.
i really did like that video. it made a lot of sense. the wheels and tires will cost a freaking bunch of money haha...wider tires doesnt make sense unless i am putting more power to the ground. I heard for the hondata reflash the reason why there was so much scoring on the cvt belt was because they really did not have access to the cvt computer portion. I think if honda releases info so we can get into it, it very well may help with increased torque

capsule3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hey,

I have a Sport Touring so our cars are not exactly the same, but I do have some recommendations that will work with the CVT. With regard to Hondata and Ktuner, I have had both and prefer the Ktuner, not only because the stock tunes it comes with seem to be better, but because VitViper recommends it and uses the Ktuner to create custom tunes, which I am in the process of getting.

I went with the PRL catted downpipe only for the following reasons: I didn't want to run into issues with not having a cat for a small increase in performance, the front pipe performance increase seems to be negligible, and most cat back systems come with a front pipe. I purchased the PRL stage 1 intake, because the PRL downpipe does not have a heat shield, and I think the hose PRL uses will insulate better than the stock plastic. Finally, I purchased a used Si turbo and installed it. I have not had any issues thus far, the performance has improved dramatically, and as I said I have not yet gotten my custom tune from Vit yet.

In terms of visual changes, I installed yellow LED's in my foglights, and smoke lenses with amber LED's for my side lights. Hope this can give you some help in deciding where you take your car, enjoy!

OP
OP
hondanoob87

hondanoob87

BLP3 MOTORS
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Hey,

I have a Sport Touring so our cars are not exactly the same, but I do have some recommendations that will work with the CVT. With regard to Hondata and Ktuner, I have had both and prefer the Ktuner, not only because the stock tunes it comes with seem to be better, but because VitViper recommends it and uses the Ktuner to create custom tunes, which I am in the process of getting.

I went with the PRL catted downpipe only for the following reasons: I didn't want to run into issues with not having a cat for a small increase in performance, the front pipe performance increase seems to be negligible, and most cat back systems come with a front pipe. I purchased the PRL stage 1 intake, because the PRL downpipe does not have a heat shield, and I think the hose PRL uses will insulate better than the stock plastic. Finally, I purchased a used Si turbo and installed it. I have not had any issues thus far, the performance has improved dramatically, and as I said I have not yet gotten my custom tune from Vit yet.

In terms of visual changes, I installed yellow LED's in my foglights, and smoke lenses with amber LED's for my side lights. Hope this can give you some help in deciding where you take your car, enjoy!
Wow thank you so much for the input! I have the smoked side markers. Just waiting to install them with the amber lights. The si turbo? Where did you pick it up? I’ll go the Kruger route. And I’ll stick with the prl that’s great advice!!!! I really want to do something with the exhaust!!! So the front pipe isn’t worth it. I really want custome headlights. I may do a slight tint on the tail lights but very light! I want a sonic grey/ black and red theme to the car! I would love to see pics of what you have done!
Sponsored