2017 civic coupe touring roof rattle

Lwabirds

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe touring
I have a rattle just behind my moon roof near my dome light inside the head liner. I’ve used foam and felt tape to try to stop it but so far it keeps rattling. It sounds like metal rattling. I can press on the Roof dome light and the rattle quits. I’ve taken down the dome light and applied the felt tape on the back of the light housing... and it keeps rattling. It rattles with the dome light is uninstalled and hanging down. It’s been to the dealer and the tech told me they thought they fixed it when they replaced my cracked windshield but it started rattling as soon as I drove off the lot. Anyone else have this rattle? Fix?
Sponsored

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
I have a rattle just behind my moon roof near my dome light inside the head liner. I’ve used foam and felt tape to try to stop it but so far it keeps rattling. It sounds like metal rattling. I can press on the Roof dome light and the rattle quits. I’ve taken down the dome light and applied the felt tape on the back of the light housing... and it keeps rattling. It rattles with the dome light is uninstalled and hanging down. It’s been to the dealer and the tech told me they thought they fixed it when they replaced my cracked windshield but it started rattling as soon as I drove off the lot. Anyone else have this rattle? Fix?
Hatch touring sport here and I havetgecexact same rattle. Super annoying so I turn the stereo up. Will have dealer look at when I go for my first oil change.

OP
OP

Lwabirds

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe touring
Hatch touring sport here and I havetgecexact same rattle. Super annoying so I turn the stereo up. Will have dealer look at when I go for my first oil change.
Let me know if they find a fix.

OP
OP

Lwabirds

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe touring
Did you ever find a fix for your roof rattle?

metzb1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Civic Si sedan (with sunroof) checking in with same exact rattle. Subscribed.

OP
OP

Lwabirds

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe touring
Mine is going back to the dealer Saturday. I had it there Friday and they thought they fixed it. They told me there are going to add felt in a channel around a stabilizer bar in the roof. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

OP
OP

Lwabirds

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe touring
Finally got it fixed. It’s been at the dealer for several days. The dealer called the Honda tech line and Honda is aware of the problem. They replaced the moon roof structure assembly and the sun shade assembly. They also felted all contact points the cross bow rain channel. It seems to have worked.

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring(TRADED)
Country flag
Finally got it fixed. It’s been at the dealer for several days. The dealer called the Honda tech line and Honda is aware of the problem. They replaced the moon roof structure assembly and the sun shade assembly. They also felted all contact points the cross bow rain channel. It seems to have worked.
Do you happen to have a copy of the receipt that we could use to show our dealers what they did to fix yours? My guess is most dealers will be reluctant to do that much work for a squeak. Sounds like this is hitting quite a few of us, sadly.

carsrmilife

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring(TRADED)
Country flag
Thank you! I am sure it will end up helping some of us, if needed.

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
This is a huge help...thanks do much!

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a rattle just behind my moon roof near my dome light inside the head liner. I’ve used foam and felt tape to try to stop it but so far it keeps rattling. It sounds like metal rattling. I can press on the Roof dome light and the rattle quits. I’ve taken down the dome light and applied the felt tape on the back of the light housing... and it keeps rattling. It rattles with the dome light is uninstalled and hanging down.
Hatch touring sport here and I have the exact same rattle. Super annoying
Civic Si sedan (with sunroof) checking in with same exact rattle.
My 2017 sedan (european model) does that as well. It's so annoying. I'm out of warranty, is there any DIY fix for that problem?
Sponsored