2017 Civic 1.5T boost tests, Economy on and off - Video

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Good vid.. These were my conclusions years ago... At wot.. Its like.. Shit this must be an emergency and i have to go full force no matter what.. As far as the car is concerned...

Nanucq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 HB Sport Plus 6MT White
On my 9th gen Civic, Econ only affects throttle response at light and medium load, but at WOT it's the same acceleration in both mode :).
Econ Mode also plays on climatisation behaviour, but that's it, never really gotten better mpg with it.
Thank you for the video ;)

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
On my 9th gen Civic, Econ only affects throttle response at light and medium load, but at WOT it's the same acceleration in both mode :).
Econ Mode also plays on climatisation behaviour, but that's it, never really gotten better mpg with it.
Thank you for the video ;)
I only use it at cruisimg speeds.. It does make a little difference there.. Other than that makes no difference or actually can make mpg's worse

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
When drag is high slow acceleration will give poorer mpg and that shows in shitty city driving. I take econ off unless I'll be going at a constant speed.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've found that in slow (<30 MPH) city-type driving, I usually get better MPG in Eco b/c I just barely touch the throttle and there's really no need to.

That's like 10% of my driving though, so I rarely use it. I'd prefer the better response time.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
The difference is when you are not WOT. From what I've seen, Eco mode vs non at WOT is very similar. Also proven by Hondata vs the old Si. Try a test in 2 or 3rd gear at the same rpm and just go half throttle and compare the boost. I'm certain you'll see the difference then, as that is what I have personally seen. I've done this exact test.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not my video. I just found and posted it. Subscribed he said he is adding flashpro soon. Great videos

Couldn't have dropped the kid off at home for this video? :hmm:

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to fuel economy and data. If anyone wants to see a full chart of all the times that I had to fuel up in my 9th-gen LX, let me know. Contains fuel economy, pricing, Econ mode, conditions, et cetera. I am doing it with my new 2017 EX-T as well, but I haven't yet seen a reason to turn on Econ.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
The difference is when you are not WOT. From what I've seen, Eco mode vs non at WOT is very similar. Also proven by Hondata vs the old Si. Try a test in 2 or 3rd gear at the same rpm and just go half throttle and compare the boost. I'm certain you'll see the difference then, as that is what I have personally seen. I've done this exact test.
yup when i did my test econ only affects the partial throttle. WOT was the same for both modes

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Couldn't have dropped the kid off at home for this video? :hmm:
Come on, you've never sped (maybe not 15 over but that was only for a second) when you're family was in the car plus that was only for a second. There was no flying around corners, pulling e brakes, racing other cars, etc... I was waiting for this but figured I'd just deal with people giving me crap because I didn't feel I "endangered" her any more than putting her in a car on any other normal day where I may not be speeding but there's 15x the amount of cars around me on the road in both directions. I mean there's at least 2 wrecks(fender benders) on the freeway on my drive home from work every single day.

;) That's me btw, if you couldn't figure by now... Lol. Alright, everybody, let me have it :umbrella:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I'm a bit OCD when it comes to fuel economy and data. If anyone wants to see a full chart of all the times that I had to fuel up in my 9th-gen LX, let me know. Contains fuel economy, pricing, Econ mode, conditions, et cetera. I am doing it with my new 2017 EX-T as well, but I haven't yet seen a reason to turn on Econ.
Only thing I'm keeping track of is fuel mileage, cost, city/hwy %, and octane rating... Because fuelly makes it easy. I'm only at 32.2 overall maybe 50/50 mix. BUT I rarely drive nice so that's awesome mpg to me. I've reset it on the freeway and set the cruise on the way to the airport and 20 miles laster was at 48.
Sponsored