2017 2.0 CVT has 2 choices tune choices, can anyone confirm the correct one?

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I've had KTuner for my 2017 LX 2.0L CVT Coupe for over a year, and when I first got it I only had a single tune option.

In early 2019 I updated the KTuner version and the second tune choice came.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which one I originally used when there was only one option, and also I can't recall which one I am currently running.

Considering that the corresponding portion of my ECU (5BA-A67) does not 100% match either of the tune choices (5BA-A6X vs. 5BA-A66), it is unclear whether the last corresponding digit of my ECU (which is "7") is supposed to better match the "X" verses the "6" at the corresponding digits of the 2 tune options.

Can anyone confirm which is the "correct" one for me, and whether using the "wrong" one even makes any difference (or if there even is a wrong one)? Thanks in advance!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 2.0 CVT has 2 choices tune choices, can anyone confirm the correct one? ECU Question
Sponsored

Last edited:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had KTuner for my 2017 LX 2.0L CVT Coupe for over a year, and when I first got it I only had a single tune option.

In early 2019 I updated the KTuner version and the second tune choice came.

Unfortunately, I don't remember which one I originally used when there was only one option, and also I can't recall which one I am currently running.

Comparing that the corresponding portion of my ECU (5BA-A67) does not 100% match either of the tune choices (5BA-A6X vs. 5BA-A66), it is unclear whether the last corresponding digit of my ECU (which is "7") is supposed to better match the "X" verses the "6" at the corresponding digits of the 2 tune options.

Can anyone confirm which is the "correct" one for me, and whether using the "wrong" one even makes any difference (or if there even is a wrong one)? Thanks in advance!

ECU Question.jpg
Launch Ktuner software and click on Tools > Reflash Info > Ktuner Units > Software. You should select the tune that matches what’s under the Software column from the previous step.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Launch Ktuner software and click on Tools > Reflash Info > Ktuner Units > Software. You should select the tune that matches what’s under the Software column from the previous step.
I am aware that is how to check which tune you are currently using, but my question is which of the two tunes (in the screenshot I originally posted) is the correct one? I've checked to see what you're referring to under "Software" for both tunes, and one tune says "5BA-A660" and the other says "5BA-A640"

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 2.0 CVT has 2 choices tune choices, can anyone confirm the correct one? ECU Question 2

I'm assuming the "5BA-A640" software version corresponds to the "5BA-A6X" tune, and the "5BA-A660" software version corresponds to the "5BA-A66" tune, but I am still confused which one I should go with. I'm sure I've been using the correct one the whole time, but would like some clarification on why I have two options and what exactly the difference is.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
X mean 0 to 9 I believe. So it support ecu from A60 to A69.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
X mean 0 to 9 I believe. So it support ecu from A60 to A69.
So since the corresponding digits of my ECU is 5BA-A67, what you're saying is that I should go with the 5BA-A6X tune instead of the 5BA-A66 tune.

So I checked which tune I've been using, and it turns out I've been using the "wrong" one (5BA-A66) the whole time. I do remember attempting the "correct" (5BA-A6X) tune a while back and (very vaguely) recall having some dash lights on that wouldn't go away which is why I switched back to the one I'm currently using.

Perhaps I should try that tune again and see what happens, but I was just hoping for an "official" answer so I can confirm exactly which tune I should be using based off my ECU number (5BA-A67).

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
So since the corresponding digits of my ECU is 5BA-A67, what you're saying is that I should go with the 5BA-A6X tune instead of the 5BA-A66 tune.

So I checked which tune I've been using, and it turns out I've been using the "wrong" one (5BA-A66) the whole time. I do remember attempting the "correct" (5BA-A6X) tune a while back and (very vaguely) recall having some dash lights on that wouldn't go away which is why I switched back to the one I'm currently using.

Perhaps I should try that tune again and see what happens, but I was just hoping for an "official" answer so I can confirm exactly which tune I should be using based off my ECU number (5BA-A67).
Pm ktuner and have them take a look.

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
It says match closest. Is it A66 or higher? No. Choose the other one.
I appreciate your response, but I'm confused what you mean since my ECU is 5BA-A67 (which is higher than the A66 tune).

Can you please specify which tune I should go with? I'm just not sure what "the other one" means. Thanks!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
That was an example based on the photo posted above. Apply the same logic to your software number. If it's A66 or higher choose the one labeled A66.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That was an example based on the photo posted above. Apply the same logic to your software number. If it's A66 or higher choose the one labeled A66.
Thanks for your clarification. Left to my own devices, I would've chosen A6X, assuming X is a wildcard (A-Z, 0-9), given the OP has a A67 ECU. I would've assumed the A66 selection was meant for A66 ECU only and the A6X selection for everything else (assuming X is the wildcard for A-Z, 0-9). Thanks.

Last edited:

OP
OP
long_meats

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Awesome, that's the tune I am currently running so thanks for the clarification