2016 Touring HondaLink not working

Mr_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Modern Steel Metallic
My HondaLink program cannot connect via cellphone through Honda's server via the HondaLink app on my iPhone 6s. The bluetooth connection between phone & car is OK, but HondaLink in the car won't work, so places, weather, messages, etc. are not available. I was on the phone today almost 2 hours with HondaLink support trying various fixes and it turns out their 2016 mock-up wouldn't work either.

Anyone else with this problem? If so, please contact the HondaLink "Technical Customer Support" number shown in the app to let them know...

(edit 1/2/16) I finally found a way to get HondaLink to work - my iPhone had to be connected to the car both through Bluetooth and through the personal Wi-Fi hotspot. Once I connected the car to the phone's hotspot using the phone's Wi-Fi password, HondaLink started working. Once I got it working this way, I now don't have to have the hotspot - it works fine now with Bluetooth only! Strange... I still will have to go to the dealer to get the 7 error messages cleared that were created when working with tech support...
Sponsored

Last edited: