2016 Honda civic vibration

Kay06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
This is my 1st Honda and i notice there is a slight vibration in idle. When back to the dealership and they said when the fan kicks on tge car vibrates. I have never had that problem witg other cars. Anyone else have the same problem?
Sponsored

Mrcs18civicx

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic ex 2.0
Country flag
Yes that's normal for your car to vibrate it's an engine running and it's fuel injected it's going to make noises and a little vibration if it's a major vibration then I would look into a possible misfire in one of the cylinders. Hondas are louder cars then most.
As long as it's not throwing any codes and you've maintain your oil and all services to your engine then everything should be okay

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure the OP really would have appreciated the insight but he hasn't been here for six years. :D

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Yes that's normal for your car to vibrate it's an engine running and it's fuel injected it's going to make noises and a little vibration if it's a major vibration then I would look into a possible misfire in one of the cylinders. Hondas are louder cars then most.
As long as it's not throwing any codes and you've maintain your oil and all services to your engine then everything should be okay
Is your AC on? That might drop the rpm down just enough to make it shake? You might want to try running some good fuel injection cleaner also. Recently I bought some generic gas and my car got the shakes until I got a few tanks of good gas through it.

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
MY 16 Touring does this and i hate it. Even my 14 year old daughter asked why does the car shake like that? Honda told me its normal. When i turn the rear defrost or the AC on it smoothes out and is fine. I was told only way to fix it is to run a tuner on the car.. sucks

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
If it looks like I'm going to be at a stop light for a while...foot on the brake and car in N.
Doesn't happen often for me though.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it looks like I'm going to be at a stop light for a while...foot on the brake and car in N.
Doesn't happen often for me though.
Putting it in N stops the vibration, but I would rather have the vibration than put in N on every stop light.