kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Where exactly did this chart come from? Is it information that's publically available? I'd like to check out Accord values and Pilot values for comparison sakes. If someone has a link, please let me know.

One thing interesting that I hadn't noticed before (or thought about) is that its interesting that there is no loss between 36 and 39 months (I guess because they promoted the 39 month leases for awhile) which would make 39 month leases likely more appealing. BUT... 3 months later (42 months), you look at a 4 percent drop just in that small period.
Sponsored

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody? This is valuable information for anyone interested in doing the math of leasing or figuring out their monthly payment. Is this information for-Dealers-eyes-only? Does anyone have it for other Hondas?

photog72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 WRX Wagon '06 S2000 '16 CX-5 Grand Touring
I'm in the market for a Civic Touring. Like the fact that there are no options - the car comes w/ everything I want (except Homelink). Local dealer here in the Houston area quoted me some asinine lease figures. Eventually, I said I'd sleep on it. The lease figure was based on the Costco purchase price, and he said the money factor was 0.00070. Saw that Acura has a great deal going on a TLX - $299/mo, 10K miles (I can live w/ that requirement), 36 month, $2499 down + TTL. Spoke to a different Honda dealer, and they offered (on a Touring) $289/month, 36 month, 12K miles, and $2500 down (which includes EVERYTHING). I'm going to see what the first Honda dealer can do. I am intrigued by the deal on the TLX (and $300 is what I'm willing to pay per month).

As for my reason for leasing - I put a $1000 deposit down on the Tesla Model 3 on March 31. :D Figure that the end of 2017 for a delivery is too optimistic.

RviperX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 2016 ext
I just leased a 2016 Civic EXT for $249 a month 36 months a 15k year yesterday.
Only thing I paid was 1st month $249 and DMV fees like for like $300 ($550 total). Residual was about $13, 500

I'm in NY long island.

I had a 2013 ex civic for $175 and I paid $1500 in taxes and DMV fees.

I also put a deposit for the Tesla and have the same plan.

AceGuy0906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/a
Country flag
Does a $269 lease payment sound right for a 2016 Civic EX for 12k miles a year?

Residual value 12,906.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does a $269 lease payment sound right for a 2016 Civic EX for 12k miles a year?

Residual value 12,906.
Maybe for NYC, but that seems pretty high and might have you leasing close to MSRP. Negotiate the sale price just as if you're leasing. With nothing down (other than 1st month's payment), my EX-T costs me $265 per month and that's for 15k miles and AWFUL Georgia taxes (which are about $40 per month of that) and that was 6 months ago. I'd be negotiating hard on a 2016 with 2017s out now and maybe looking a couple hours out. You should be able to do a lot better.

JillRide45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 320i
I am looking at leasing a 2016 or 2017 Civic Touring. Are the numbers given for the 2016 in the first page still applicable? My Honda dealer says residuals are adjusted by Honda weekly, seems strange. Also Honda guy says no more 39 month leases. I need a low mileage lease 36 or 39 months. Any help here would be great. Honestly, I have driven a BMW 3-series since my first car, thought I would try the Honda this time and enjoy some of the nice features on the new Civic. However, dealing with Honda salesmen is driving me back to BMW. BMW leases have always been upfront with me and treated me with respect. I am really wondering what happened to the "Helpful Honda Man".

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
When I got my 2016 in April, the residual value they used was 1% different (I forget higher or lower) than the chart on the first page. Weekly sounds a little extreme, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they change monthly. Not massive changes, though. I do also remember a salesperson mentioning "they're not doing 39 month leases this month, just 36" so maybe the availability of 36/39 does change from month to month.

I think it should be possible to insist they tell you what the residual value will be for the lease terms you want, and then use that for your calculations with the expectation that it won't change by more than a few $100 anytime soon. And will be the same at any Honda dealership.

Or, since the residual values are set by Honda Financial Services, not the dealership, you might try calling customer service for Honda Financial to see if they'll give you the residual numbers.

In my experience, a car salesman being super-agreeable is usually a sign that you're getting screwed.

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Im not really good with numbers... could somebody tell me how to see what i will be paying after my lease term is over? because im planning on keeping my civic.
25500 was the touring i bought it for. 12k a year and 36month term.
i had a trade in 6500 they gave me.
im paying 256 a month.
I really dont know how it works. Help me out please ~~~~

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Do you still have the paperwork from your lease? Usually a bunch of yellow and green sheets of paper. It will be on there. I forget the exact name of the box but I can look for you when I get home later if you need. It should be around $14,000 for a Touring if I remember correctly (it's a set value in the month you buy your car for everyone, regardless of how much you paid for the car).

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Residual SHOULD be calculated (I believe) as the MSRP * % Residual

TruthVandetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Do you still have the paperwork from your lease? Usually a bunch of yellow and green sheets of paper. It will be on there. I forget the exact name of the box but I can look for you when I get home later if you need. It should be around $14,000 for a Touring if I remember correctly (it's a set value in the month you buy your car for everyone, regardless of how much you paid for the car).
i purchased my my vehicle in october i believe

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
i purchased my my vehicle in october i believe
You should have a pink form with "Honda Financial Services" in the top left corner and "Honda Leadership Leasing" in the top left. On that form there will be a box "D. Residual Value". That will be the amount you can pay to buy the car at the end of the lease.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
Leasing a car as cheap and one that holds its value very well is usually not a good idea. Leasing is reserved for cars that plummet in price after 2 years or expensive ones. Like BMW, Mercedez, Landrover, VW etc. Generally not Toyotas or hondas.

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leasing a car as cheap and one that holds its value very well is usually not a good idea. Leasing is reserved for cars that plummet in price after 2 years or expensive ones. Like BMW, Mercedez, Landrover, VW etc. Generally not Toyotas or hondas.
LOL. You don't seem to understand how it works. The higher depreciation, the MORE you are going to pay for your lease payments. Instead (all things being the same), you should buy a high depreciation vehicle used as it'll be downright cheap.
Sponsored