thomasok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Black Honda Accord EX-L, 2003 Blue Honda Accord EX-L
The 2012 Accord has a separate "Technology" manual. Possibly they have put things like the key fob and other tech in a separate manual.
Sponsored

JIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura rdx
The release of this car is confounding me.... we have no official release date but they've shown us all the accessories, there is a full PDF owners manual... but no configurator online or official on sale date for the sedan, haven't seen anything on the coupe in months... Honda really does NOT know how to release a car smoothly... none of the past civic releases were this botched. Looks like they're taking cues from the NSX release for the new civic.
To many 2015 Civics on ground still. Probably 30,000 2015 Civics still on lots. Very frustrating and I work for a Honda dealer. They surmised that the 2015 supply would be depleted much further. We just received a truck load of 2015 Civics last week and stood in disbelief.

Ten10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
No homelink with the 2016 Civic, gotta spring the money for an Accord or ILX. Some other things I know that are cost cut, no padding the rear door panels (hard plastic) No locking glovebox, door handles made out of the silver painted plastic and not the chrome. No TPMS in Canada either.
How will car monitor tire pressure without TPMS? Just rotational differential between tires?

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
No homelink with the 2016 Civic, gotta spring the money for an Accord or ILX. Some other things I know that are cost cut, no padding the rear door panels (hard plastic) No locking glovebox, door handles made out of the silver painted plastic and not the chrome. No TPMS in Canada either.
Homelink is easily retrofitted into any car. My wife has a Saabaru 9-2x that when we bought it I installed one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Gentex-...ash=item1c4fe10835:g:i0EAAOSwBahU4ULz&vxp=mtr

If that doesn't fit in the new Civic, you can also buy the module that goes into the headliner: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HomeLink-Ve...ash=item1e90dc6c0d:g:lfEAAOSw-jhT-~ef&vxp=mtr

Regarding cost cutting, there's quite a few cars with the same cost cutting going on. It is just a Civic, and the GenX has been hugely re-contented and upgraded compared to past Civics, and especially other cheap cars. In 2008 Subaru made their Impreza interiors ALL hard plastic except a small pad on the door panel armrest. And to make matters worse, that same year they deleted the water temp gauge altogether. Just a blue/red LED icon to indicate water temp.
When I saw the detailed pics of the CivicX on release, I was quite shocked to see how thoroughly upgraded the CivicX. I think the 2 points you brought up are the only nitpicks you could find on this car. And for the coupes, well they don't have rear doors so that will be a non issue I hope.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
How will car monitor tire pressure without TPMS? Just rotational differential between tires?
Rant warning!!
Hate TPMS. Total waste of legislated equipment. I HAD it on my 2007 Titan, about 2 years ago the sensors failed, as is expected. A local tire shop wants $90 a WHEEL!! for a sensor because the batteries are not replaceable or the sensor was wet/ruined some excuse. Then, I find out that tire shops try to hold you hostage when you leave saying that they can not let you leave with a failed TPMS. To make matters worse, read your vehicle manual, it will specifically state that you MUST still continue to check the tire pressure as there is some possibility the TPMS will not detect an issue. So, effectively you can't put away your tire gauge just because you have TPMS, and per the manual you still need to check the tires just as often as before...WTF!?!?!?
I disassembled the cluster in my Titan and disabled the TPMS LED, and had both my summer and winter wheel sets converted to standard valve stems. Now the tire shop guys don't realize that my truck is a TPMS vehicle, and I don't get hassled anymore.

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
To many 2015 Civics on ground still. Probably 30,000 2015 Civics still on lots. Very frustrating and I work for a Honda dealer. They surmised that the 2015 supply would be depleted much further. We just received a truck load of 2015 Civics last week and stood in disbelief.
Ikr??? It's sooooo depressing..

Dcasanova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura mdx
The dash/interior design should look just like the sedan. Don't think they'll have different interiors for sedan, coupe, hatch, Si, Type R. The sportier models (Si and Type R) will just get dressed up with some badging, sports/race seats.
For the SI i hope maybe for leather seats with red stitch. The current SI looks cheap to me.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ikr??? It's sooooo depressing..
I knew this would happen with these 2015s... sigh... guess it's come down to the only option we have left... lets all go to our local dealers and set them ablaze.... it's the only way to get rid of them. hahahaha.

i jest of course, i'm hardly considering arson as a remedy to the 2015 issue. lol.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For the SI i hope maybe for leather seats with red stitch. The current SI looks cheap to me.
They all look cheap in comparison to the new civic, not just the Si.

That aside, i could see honda offering leather as an option for the Si perhaps this time around.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
You don't get to check tire pressure without TPMS on Canadian models. I check mine once a month because I'm diligent and if you're low on air, you can see it lol. It's good that we dont have it because I can swap winter wheels no problem, its less money to deal with if they break. Quite frankly I only like TPMS sensors if they tell you specific pressures in each wheel like on American vehicles.

Other nitpicking things would be the rear leather seats aren't perforated, the leather padding on the doors don't extend to the whole door unlike the ILX, most window switches generally won't be illuminated. Map lights aren't LED... stuff that people generally dont notice but puts the 5k gap between the Civic Touring and ILX

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
You don't get to check tire pressure without TPMS on Canadian models. I check mine once a month because I'm diligent and if you're low on air, you can see it lol. It's good that we dont have it because I can swap winter wheels no problem, its less money to deal with if they break. Quite frankly I only like TPMS sensors if they tell you specific pressures in each wheel like on American vehicles.

Other nitpicking things would be the rear leather seats aren't perforated, the leather padding on the doors don't extend to the whole door unlike the ILX, most window switches generally won't be illuminated. Map lights aren't LED... stuff that people generally dont notice but puts the 5k gap between the Civic Touring and ILX
I'm kinda glad the rear seats aren't perforated. I am buying this car because I am having a baby. Last thing I need is a baby/child spitting up or dropping food and it getting stuck in the seat holes.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If it's anything like what we have in the '16 MDX…
The 2016 MDX OM documents the personalized settings feature in many places. The 2016 Civic OM posted here does not document the feature at all. I'm skeptical it actually has it.

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag

Strange they would use LED headlights, but not even cheap LED map lights.

My girlfriend's '14 Altima has TPMS, and I think it's great. And it has OEM LED map lights. :)

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm kinda glad the rear seats aren't perforated. I am buying this car because I am having a baby. Last thing I need is a baby/child spitting up or dropping food and it getting stuck in the seat holes.
Yeah I have a stain on mine and it gets in there.
What's the best way to clean that btw?

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
The 2016 MDX OM documents the personalized settings feature in many places. The 2016 Civic OM posted here does not document the feature at all. I'm skeptical it actually has it.
On the convienience and options thread it's listed.

Driver Preferences
The Civic EX and above trims come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions. Other preferences include audio system pre-sets, air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings. In the event both owners use the car at the same time, the Civic will recognize the keylessremote that approaches the driver's door first.
Sponsored