Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Trickle trickle! Info, pictures, etc keep coming in... I know some day it will be the #TypeR info I'm seeking!!!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The release of this car is confounding me.... we have no official release date but they've shown us all the accessories, there is a full PDF owners manual... but no configurator online or official on sale date for the sedan, haven't seen anything on the coupe in months... Honda really does NOT know how to release a car smoothly... none of the past civic releases were this botched. Looks like they're taking cues from the NSX release for the new civic.

Balsy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si Coupe
The release of this car is confounding me.... we have no official release date but they've shown us all the accessories, there is a full PDF owners manual... but no configurator online or official on sale date for the sedan, haven't seen anything on the coupe in months... Honda really does NOT know how to release a car smoothly... none of the past civic releases were this botched. Looks like they're taking cues from the NSX release for the new civic.
I totally agree. Not sure what their angle is but I'd say they are driving away customers. I know I'm not going to wait much longer. I have my eye on a 2014 Camaro convertible RS V6. I'd prefer to wait for the Si coupe, but....I'm getting fed up, and with the speculation that it likely won't be released until spring 2016! Why? Receiving absolutely no news at all is just bad business.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
I find no hint of the "Driver Preferences" functionality described in the "Comfort And Convenience" press release as:

"The Civic EX and above trims come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions. Other preferences include audio system [presets], air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings"

I've tried most of those words as search words and I come up empty. Wondering if this is an Accord or Pilot (or whatever) feature that didn't make the cut for the Civic but got lazily copied into the press release.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I totally agree. Not sure what their angle is but I'd say they are driving away customers. I know I'm not going to wait much longer. I have my eye on a 2014 Camaro convertible RS V6. I'd prefer to wait for the Si coupe, but....I'm getting fed up, and with the speculation that it likely won't be released until spring 2016! Why? Receiving absolutely no news at all is just bad business.
Unfortunately 99% of the people who are going to buy this civic probably don't even know it's coming out. And if they do, they're not as excited about it as we enthusiasts are. Honda a mess around and be as vague as they want to, the few sales they'll lose to enthusiasts that are fed up will be more than made up for by the average buyer that couldn't care less at this point.

Jim9026

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Altima
I feel exactly the same way. I'm looking forward to buying the regular civic coupe and it feels like it's been ages since we heard anything about this body style. I hope they start releasing new info very soon.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I find no hint of the "Driver Preferences" functionality described in the "Comfort And Convenience" press release as:

"The Civic EX and above trims come with two keyless remotes with unique identifiers. Each remote can be set with unique profiles to accommodate the individual preferences of two different drivers. The available preferences include driver seat and mirror positions. Other preferences include audio system [presets], air conditioning preferences, and navigation system settings"

I've tried most of those words as search words and I come up empty. Wondering if this is an Accord or Pilot (or whatever) feature that didn't make the cut for the Civic but got lazily copied into the press release.
Maybe the key fob has it's own separate manual.

alladat1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RSX
Really - In a hurry for a convertible in November? Global warming must have really changed the weather in Halifax.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

If it's anything like what we have in the '16 MDX - it retains your seat and side mirror positions and adjusts to the saved setting when you open the car. In addition, the last HVAC setting is restored, the last XM channel you were listening to is set, your radio presets are loaded, and, in the MDX case, Driving Mode (Sport) is set.
When you remote start, the car knows if you want it cooler in summer or warmer in winter and sets the A/C to 68 or the Heat to 73 - automatically turning on rear defrost as well as seat warmers in the process!

Gt1948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius

Dcasanova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura mdx
The suspense is beyond killing me now. Honda you have to let us know something about the SI and coupe. I'm really curious to see how the interior on this new SI will look. Hopefully more grown and sexy.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I searched but didn't see Homelink garage opener..... Is this left out of the Touring model?
No homelink with the 2016 Civic, gotta spring the money for an Accord or ILX. Some other things I know that are cost cut, no padding the rear door panels (hard plastic) No locking glovebox, door handles made out of the silver painted plastic and not the chrome. No TPMS in Canada either.

Last edited:

Brett Bynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport

LBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z
The suspense is beyond killing me now. Honda you have to let us know something about the SI and coupe. I'm really curious to see how the interior on this new SI will look. Hopefully more grown and sexy.
The dash/interior design should look just like the sedan. Don't think they'll have different interiors for sedan, coupe, hatch, Si, Type R. The sportier models (Si and Type R) will just get dressed up with some badging, sports/race seats.
Sponsored